Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 49 mal aufgerufen

Termine
carrie201918 Offline

18.04.2019 02:52
ll. I expect that to continue the next ga Antworten

MONTREAL - A recharged Eugenie Bouchard, fresh off her stunning run to the Australian Opens final four, says shes ready to lead the Canadian team against Serbia at this weekends Federation Cup. Bouchard, who grabbed the tennis worlds attention at last months Grand Slam, will be joined in the best-of-five series by Gabriela Dabrowski of Ottawa, Sharon Fichman of Toronto and Aleksandra Wozniak, of Blainville, Que. The 19-year-old rising tennis star said Wednesday she took time off after the Australian Open, and only worked a little bit on her serve and a few technical issues. "I was definitely physically and mentally tired," Bouchard told a news conference at Montreals Claude-Robillard Sports Complex, the site of Saturday and Sundays indoor World Group II first-round series womens tie. "Im happy with what I did, but never satisfied. I wanted to do better. At the end of the day I lost in the semifinals, so ... I hit the practice court and Im going to continue to work hard on court to try and do better." Bouchard, whose success in Melbourne moved her up to No. 19 in the world rankings, made her Fed Cup debut in 2011 and has a record of 7-2. Last year in Kyiv, Bouchard battled an injured ankle and won two matches, including the decisive doubles match alongside Fichman. That victory gave Canada a place in World Group II for the first time since 2010. Dabrowski, the countrys top-ranked female doubles player at No. 61 in the WTA computer, reached her first two WTA doubles finals in 2013 at Brussels and Linz in addition to winning two doubles titles of the ITF Challenger Circuit. The 26-year-old is 3-0 in Fed Cup play. The 23-year-old Fichman has a 22-7 career record at the Fed Cup, while Wozniak, 26, is 37-9. The Canadians will square off this weekend with a young, less-experienced Serbian team that will be missing two of its top players: Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic, a former world No. 1. Bouchard, who upset Ivanovic in the quarterfinal at the Australian Open, said Wednesday her team would have liked to meet them in the Fed Cup. "I think were all disappointed not to have the two best, Ivanovic and Jankovic, here," said Bouchard. "But now we will take advantage, we will try to do our best and I think we have all the best players in Canada here. They might not have their best, so we will use that to our advantage." Serbian team captain Dejan Vranes said Ivanovic wont play this weekend due to injury and that Jankovic no longer competes in the event. The country will be represented by Nina Stojanovic, 17, Aleksandra Krunic, 20, Jovana Jaksic, 20, and Vesna Dolonc, 24, who at No. 117 is its top-ranked player. Vranes called the Canadians the favourites, particularly since they will be playing in front of a home crowd in a venue that holds some 4,000 fans. "We have a great challenge in front of us, but I believe in our team and I think we have a chance in every match," a confident Vranes told reporters. "Well be ready to fight." The Canadian women, however, are aiming to continue Canadas recent stretch of strong tennis performances. On the mens side, Milos Raonic climbed into the top 10 in the world last year, while Vasek Pospisil also rose in the rankings. Both reached the Rogers Cup semifinals in Montreal last summer and led the Davis Cup team to a first-ever semifinal appearance. Wozniak said she hopes the women can also deliver their own record-breaking finish. "Were looking forward to the challenge, and what the men did, its made history in Canada," Wozniak said. "So, I think for me, and for the team, its important. We would love to make a new history for Canada and win this tie." For Bouchard, who grew up in the Montreal Island community of Westmount, theres the bonus of playing a match in her hometown for the first time in a year and a half. "Its always fun to play in Montreal," said Bouchard, who was asked whether more people seem to recognize her in the city since the Australian Open. "Yeah, for sure, there are people who say, Good luck and that they are proud of me. Its special. Im happy to get compliments like that." Cheap Authentic Nike Tanjun . -- Pinch-runner Rajai Daviss decision to steal third base just as Oakland catcher Derek Norris was throwing the ball back to the pitcher caught most everyone by surprise -- including several of his Detroit teammates. Nike Tanjun Shoes Outlet . George Hill had 13 points and seven rebounds for the Pacers, who stayed atop the overall NBA standings despite losing twice on their West Coast trip. Los Angeles kept it close into the second half before the Pacers finished an easy win over the injury-riddled Lakers, who have lost five straight. http://www.niketanjunoutlet.com/. - The Minnesota Vikings have ruled Christian Ponder out for Sundays game at Baltimore, because the quarterback has not yet passed all of his post-concussion tests. Cheap Nike Tanjun China . JOHNS, N. Cheap Nike Tanjun Shoes .In a statement released Friday, the Catalan club said the Brazil stars recovery would be monitored to determine when he can begin training again.EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - From the moment the Minnesota Vikings traded back into the first round to take Teddy Bridgewater, it was only a matter of time before he took over as the teams starting quarterback. When Bridgewater makes his first start on Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons, he will be in line for something even bigger a€” the new face of the franchise. With Adrian Peterson away from the team while he faces child abuse charges, the Vikings are searching for a new identity while the chaos from Petersons legal troubles and injuries to several high-profile players threaten to derail the team less than a month into the season. In steps Bridgewater, the unflappable rookie, and all he has to do is pull the Vikings out of a spiral and step into the void left by Petersons departure. No pressure, Teddy. Its no pressure on me and its not all about me, Bridgewater said Wednesday. It takes a team effort to win football games and we have 11 guys on defence who are going to play their tails off. We have 11 guys on special teams and 10 other guys on the offensive side of the ball that are going to be out there competing for one another. Theres no pressure for me to have to fill the needs or anything. ... Its just all about the team. With quarterback Matt Cassel lost for the season with a foot injury and Peterson out indefinitely while the legal process plays out, the Vikings have become Teddys team much faster than anyone expected. The Vikings traded back into the first round on the opening night of the draft to snag Bridgewater in hopes that he could finally become the long-term answer at quarterback the team has been searching for ever since Daunte Culpepper went down with a knee injury in 2005. Peterson was expected to continue to be the teams star player for at least another season or two, providing a cocoon for the young quarterback while he got his feet underneath him. That all changed two weeks ago with Petersons stunning arrest in a child-abuse charge in Texas. Ready or not, its Teddy Time in Minnesota. Honestly, coach Mike Zimmer said, I think hes been ready since the day he walked in. The Vikings started the season with the veteran Cassel, hoping to ease Bridgewaters transition and give him some time to get acclimated to NFL life. While Cassel was running with the starters, Bridgewater distinguished himself by not diistinguishing himself at all.dddddddddddd Earlier on draft night, Minnesota attempted to trade up to No. 22 to grab Johnny Manziel, the flamboyant Texas A&M quarterback. But Cleveland outbid the Vikings, who then set their sights on Bridgewater. While Manziel has drawn headlines for his party-hearty lifestyle off the field, Bridgewater has been whisper quiet in the meeting rooms and sound bite-proof in his interactions with the media. He doesnt really get overwhelmed, fullback Jerome Felton said. He works hard. Hes humble. He comes prepared. So I think thats the biggest thing. He prepares himself well. Hes in here early, leaves late, so hell be just fine. Bridgewater stepped in for the injured Cassel on Sunday and completed 12 of 20 passes for 150 yards against a New Orleans defence that played the pass very aggressively with Peterson gone. The offence didnt score a touchdown with him in the game, but his ability to handle the heat carried over from his turns in the huddle during the preseason. I remember the first preseason game I asked Teddy whether he was nervous or not and of course he said no. And I thought, you know, hes just a liar, backup quarterback Christian Ponder said. But the guy doesnt get nervous. The guy has a ton of poise and played extremely well. I expect that to continue the next game and so on. When Bridgewater takes the field for his first game as a starter on Sunday against Atlanta (2-1), he wont have Peterson to take his handoffs. He wont have tight end Kyle Rudolph, who will miss about six weeks after having sports hernia surgery, to catch his passes and he wont have starting right guard Brandon Fusco, who is out for the season with a torn pectoral muscle, to block for him. He also wont have a big entourage in the stands. Bridgewater said earlier this season a€” while he was still Cassels backup a€” he put six people, including his mother, girlfriend and agent, on a list to watch the game. Now that hes starting, the number hasnt changed. I gave myself a moment Monday morning, Bridgewater said. I woke up and told myself, Hey, your dream is finally here and its coming true. Its not the way that I wanted it to happen, but Im still going to have to take advantage of this opportunity. Its one thing to be named the guy, but for me I want to continue to just be the guy for a long time. ' ' '