Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen

Videoblog Lenormandkarten legen lernen gratis mit TV kartenlegerin Maren Giertz
Cl11234566 Offline

25.11.2019 06:45
the veteran wide receiver could be dealt Antworten

MONTREAL -- Guy Lapointe was gardening in his front yard last week when Montreal Canadiens owner Geoff Molson pulled up to his house for an unannounced visit. Lapointe didnt know what was in store for him. As it turned out, the former Canadiens defenceman was about to receive an unexpected honour. From Lapointes kitchen in Saint-Lazare, Que., Molson announced that the Hall-of-Famer will become the 18th player in Canadiens history to have his jersey retired by the team. The retirement ceremony will occur during the course of this coming National Hockey League season. "Its extraordinary," Lapointe said Thursday at the Canadiens Hall of Fame, located at the Bell Centre. "With the people Ill be next to -- Jean Beliveau, Henri Richard, Guy Lafleur, Larry Robinson, Serge Savard -- I just cant stop thinking about it. I was happy with just looking up at those jerseys. I never thought, in all sincerity, that my number would be retired. It never crossed my mind." On Thursday, the Canadiens organization made official the decision to retire Lapointes No. 5, the first jersey to be honoured since 2009 when Elmer Lach and Emile (Butch) Bouchard received whats considered one of the most prestigious honours in sports. Lapointe, 66, will finally be reunited with his Big Three teammates -- Savard and Robinson -- in the Bell Centre rafters. Savards No. 18 was retired in 2006, and Robinsons No. 19 joined the following year. Known as much for their staunch defending and offensive prowess, the Big Three were instrumental in Montreals six Stanley Cup victories in the 1970s. And the three defencemen were on hand at the Bell Centre on Thursday to celebrate Lapointes big day. "Im happy to see you both here," the Montreal native Lapointe told his former teammates before pointing to the rafters. "But Ill be even happier to see you up there when my jersey is going to be retired." Between 1968 and 1984, Lapointe played 16 seasons in the NHL -- 12 of them with the Canadiens before brief stints with the St. Louis Blues and Boston Bruins. Always a threat on the power play, Lapointe was known for his explosive speed, his inspired bouts of offence, and his rocket of a slapshot. He recorded 622 points in 894 career games, and ranks second in goals by a Canadiens defenceman with 166. Nicknamed Pointu, Lapointe had three consecutive 20-goal seasons, and still holds the Canadiens record for most goals in a year by a defenceman with 28. In his first complete season with the Habs in 1970-71, Lapointes 15 goals set a franchise record for a rookie defenceman. The record still stands today. "A lot of minutes in a lot of situations -- thats the way he was," said Robinson of Lapointe, whom he compared to Montreals P.K. Subban. "Guy could hold his own against anybody. He could play in all situations, play a lot of minutes. Thats the reason hes in the Hall of Fame. "Its very fitting to have his sweater up there. Im glad I got mine up there first -- I finally beat him at something." Lapointe was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1993, two years before Robinson. He won six Stanley Cups -- all with the Canadiens -- including four consecutive championships between 1976 and 1979. "I grew up with this excellent organization," said Lapointe, who also pointed to the 1972 Summit Series in Moscow and 1976 Canada Cup -- both memorable victories for Canada -- as exceptional moments in his career. "The Canadiens helped me become a better hockey player and a better person. The team allowed me to reach goals I didnt even think were possible. "Winning was always our goal. That paid dividends throughout my career. I was a lucky person to make the team. I owe a lot to the Montreal Canadiens. Theyve been very good to me." Off the ice, Lapointe was known as a prankster, notorious for shaking hands with former Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau with a palm covered in Vaseline. After Lach and Bouchard had their jerseys retired in 2009 -- the ninth and 10th such commemorative event in the five years leading up to the Canadiens centennial anniversary -- the teams organization put the process on hold. Fans clamoured for Lapointe to join the Canadiens legends in the rafters, including the defencemans daughter Stephanie, who started a petition last year to have her fathers jersey retired. "Dreams really do come true!" Stephanie Lapointe tweeted on Wednesday when the news was announced. "Never give up! I am beyond proud of my dad! Finally he is being awarded this honour!" Molson says the Canadiens organizations focus over the last five years has been rebuilding the team on the ice. On Thursday, he said the time was finally right to give Lapointe his long-awaited recompense. "Its a name that kept resurfacing when we bought the team in 2009," said Molson of the final Big Three defenceman. "We were in the process of retiring a lot of jerseys at that time. "I feel good about the organization (now). I feel good about the development of our players, the general manager, and our support staff. Were well on our way to having a winning organization year after year. The fans have had a break from the centennial celebrations. And its a nice surprise for Lapointe." Notes: Lapointe is currently the Minnesota Wilds amateur scouting co-ordinator. a Robinson flew up from San Jose, Calif., on two days notice for the event. a Howie Morenzs No. 7 was the first jersey retired by the Canadiens, in 1937. a Lapointes is the second No. 5 to be retired by the Canadiens. He joins Bernie (Boom Boom) Geoffrion, whose jersey was raised to the rafters in 2006. Air Max 720 Uomo . - Canadian tennis star Eugenie Bouchard has signed with WME-IMG, saying the sports management powerhouse will help maximize the value of my brand. Vapormax 97 Scontate . After losing a shutout bid in the dying seconds of Sundays win over the Colorado Avalanche, Luongo would not be denied against the punchless Oilers and is now just one back of Patrick Roy for 14th on the all-time list. http://www.airmaxscarpescontate.it/scarp...ezzo-basso.html. Make that, almost always subjective. Saturday at Carrow Road, the spirit of fair play trumped the rulebook, costing Norwich City three points. Scarpe Air Max 97 Scontate . "Theyve been good against everybody," he said. Carlos Gomez launched a three-run homer and Matt Garza battled into the seventh inning for his first win in four starts to help the Brewers continue their mastery of the Rockies with a 7-4 victory Saturday. Vapormax Flyknit Scontate . MLB.com reported that the Dodgers locked the left-hander in for one year at $10 million with up to $4 million in incentives.With only hours until the 2014 NFL Draft, check out the latest trade-related reports and speculation from around the league as the rumour mill hits a fever pitch. And follow TSN.ca right throughout today for updates. Adding an Arm? Tom Curran of Comcast Sportsnet reports that a trade sending New England Patriots quaterback Ryan Mallett to the Houston Texans may soon be a done deal. The Texans are in need of a quarterback and head coach Bill OBrien was the Patriots offensive coordinator when the team selected Mallett in the third round of the 2011 NFL draft. Mallett has never started an NFL game. Price Drop? On Wednesday, FOX Sports Jay Glazer reported that the Houston Texans were asking for a major package to part with the first-overall pick. “The Houston Texans said, ‘If you want our pick, its three number ones and a two,” said Glazer. “When RG3 was traded, thats what they got. . . . But, no. No ones giving up three number ones and a two.” Today comes word that the Texans may be lowering their asking price. The Houston Chronicles John McClain reports that a third first-rounder is no longer part of the package the Texans want. McClain says that the Texans will accept a swap of 2014 firsts, a second and third-round pick in 2014, as well as a first in 2015 for this years top pick. Update: 2:45 - ESPNs Adam Schefter says the Texans will stand pat and keep the first overall selection. Footing the Bill? Pro Football Talks Mike Florio believes that the Buffalo Bills could be looking to make a big splash and grab one of the top two picks. Currently sitting with the ninth pick, the Bills could be dreaming of slotting South Carolinas Jadeveon Clowney into their already impressive 4-3 defence, alongside Mario Williams, Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus.dddddddddddd Florio reports that Auburn OT Greg Robinson could also be of interest to the Bills. Wide receiver Stevie Johnson could also be on the move. The NFL Networks Albert Breer says that the veteran wide receiver could be dealt at some point this weekend. Johnson, who has three years remaining on a five-year deal, is the teams top receiver and wont likely be moved unless the Bills were to draft a receiver like Clemsons Sammy Watkins or Texas A&Ms Mike Evans. Neither is expected to be available at the nine-slot. Dear John The player with the biggest buzz surrounding him in New York City is 2012 Heisman Trophy-winning Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, but the question seems to be about where Manziel wont go rather than where he will. Sports Illustrateds Don Banks reports that Manziels family isnt keen on the quarterback being drafted by the Texans. The Manziels reportedly dont want their son in Houston to propogate his "Johnny Football" persona from his university days, one of putting partying ahead of training. Banks is unsure if the Manziels preference extends out of Houston to Texas as a whole because the Dallas Cowboys, owners of the 16th pick, are interested in the quarterback according to ESPNs Todd McShay. Manziels agent, Erik Burkhardt, denied a report that his client didnt want to play for the Jacksonville Jaguars, who hold the third-overall pick, telling Florio that its simply not true. ' ' '