Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen

Termine
Cl11234566 Offline

09.11.2019 07:22
Blaney was one of many drivers who was disappointed Antworten

PARIS -- Ireland held on grimly in a nail-biting finish to beat France 22-20 and win its first Six Nations since 2009, giving centre Brian ODriscoll the perfect send-off in his last test on Saturday. With just over a minute remaining, ODriscolls and Irish hearts sank when France No. 8 Damien Chouly scored in the right corner, but the try was disallowed for a forward pass from captain Pascal Pape. "Im over the moon, very happy for the lads and obviously very happy for Brian in his last international," Ireland captain Paul OConnell said. "Historically, this is always our toughest Six Nations with England away from home and France away from home, so to win the championship with these two fixtures is a great success." Ireland flyhalf Jonathan Sexton scored two tries among a personal 17 points to steal the limelight in ODriscolls world-record 141st and final test. Right winger Andrew Trimble got Irelands other try. "There is where it all began and to finish with a medal around my neck 15 years later is incredible," said ODriscoll, who was still in his jersey at the news conference. "Its been a fantastic Six Nations for us. Ive enjoyed every second. I dont really want to take this jersey off yet." Irelands last win in Paris was in 2000, when ODriscoll, nine months into his great career, scored a hat trick of tries and made his name. "I dont think anybody will step into Brians shoes," Ireland coach Joe Schmidt said. "Theyre rather big, but hopefully they can grow into them." Irelands title was only its second in 29 years, and relegated England to second for a third straight year. England beat Italy 52-11 in Rome earlier, forcing Ireland and France, a long shot for the title, to win or miss out. France finished fourth, Wales rising to third with a 51-3 defeat of Scotland. France, after an indifferent campaign, came to the party with all guns loaded and produced the games highlight moment, its first try to fullback Brice Dulin. There was a controversial second try from hooker Dimitri Szarzewski, who knocked on before scoring against the post. "Of course its frustrating to finish fourth," France coach Philippe Saint-Andre said. "You cant say our players cant play rugby and that they dont have any desire. We showed enormous ambition to play good rugby. The highest level is very cruel and you have to congratulate Ireland and ODriscoll." France missed chances in the last 10 minutes to take the lead, when replacement scrumhalf Jean-Marc Doussains penalty drifted wide and the disallowed try. "I would have liked to have closed it out a lot better than we did," OConnell said. "Ive been coming to Paris since I was 22, its a very tough place to win. Ive never won here before. In my year as captain, at 34 and in Brians last cap, it really is an incredible feeling." ODriscoll kissed the Six Nations trophy before OConnell raised it aloft, sending Irelands large contingent of fans into delirium again. "I tried to channel the emotions into the performance. You cant allow the occasion to get the better of you," ODriscoll said. "You have to try and make sure youre a cog in the wheel of the team. The emotions come after and they did, and Im sure therell be a few tears later on with multiple beers on board. But its a wonderful way to finish." Early momentum, especially from centre Mathieu Bastareaud, was with France for a 6-0 lead. Sextons first try cut the lead to one, and soon after, scrumhalf Conor Murrays clever footwork and pass released Trimble for a try and 12-6. Stung back into action, the French pack took control. With blood pouring from a cut under his right eye, Szarzewski gained ground and flyhalf Remi Tales lofted a pin-point cross-kick to the right corner, where winger Yoann Huget brilliantly palmed it down to Dulin, who scored. It was Frances best move of the tournament. Sexton missed a penalty, the last act of the half, to allow France to go into the interval 13-12 ahead but without prop Nicolas Mas, who trudged off with his right arm in a sling. In the second half, Trimbles superb run down the right almost earned the supporting ODriscoll a try. Ireland recycled, and Murray sent Sexton over for the seven-pointer. Another penalty from Sexton made it 22-13. But France wasnt finished. Just after the hour mark, Szarzewskis try that really wasnt cut the margin to two. The Irish resisted the final French onslaught to send ODriscoll into a happy international retirement "Not many people get to finish their career on their own terms and with high emotions," ODriscoll said. "I feel very fortunate." Fake China Jerseys . Villarreals victory in Valencia kept it in fourth place and in control of Spains last Champions League spot. Uche broke free in the area in the 10th minute and was brought down by goalkeeper Keylor Navas, who was shown a direct red card. China Jerseys Stitched .Stanton suffered fractures in his face and other injuries when he was hit by a pitch Sept. 11. The Marlins are confident hell fully recover and be ready for spring training, and they hope to reach a long-term agreement with him. https://www.chinajerseyscheap.us/. The 23-year-old restricted free agent appeared in all 48 games last season, finishing second among all Sabres skaters with 15 goals and 34 points. Cheap Jerseys From China . It was a day that saw England slump off a World Cup field once again battered and bruised. This time there was no red card to wonder about, no goalkeeping error or individual mistake. They were thoroughly beaten by something they have nothing of – genuine world class ability. China Jerseys Cheap . -- Darrelle Revis says at least 26 teams called after he was released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.Avondale, AZ (SportsNetwork.com) - Erik Jones put on a dominating performance but benefited from a power outage with 24 laps remaining to win Fridays Lucas Oil 150 at Phoenix International Raceway. The start of the 150-lap truck race at this 1-mile oval was delayed more than an hour due to an outage at the track and the surrounding areas. The tracks lights went out. The lighting system was knocked out again on lap 126, forcing the seventh and final caution. NASCAR officials called the race shortly after. Jones, who is driving the No. 51 Toyota for Kyle Busch Motorsports in a partial schedule this season, started on the pole and led 114 of 126 laps. His KBM teammate, Darrell Wallace Jr., led the other 12 laps, which occurred during a round of green-flag pit stops in the late going. The 18-year-old Jones scored his third win in his 12th truck start this season. One year ago, he became the youngest driver to win a NASCAR national touring series race by taking the checkered flag for the truck event at Phoenix, doing so at age 17 years, 5 months and 9 days. Its pretty cool to pick up another win here at Phoenix, and its definitely a great way to top off the year for me in this truck, Jones said. I wish we could have raced 24 more laps. I felt like we definitely had a dominant truck, and we could have brought it home. In September, 16-year-old Cole Custer surpassed Jones record when he won the truck race at New Hampshire. Jones also gave KBM its record 13th victory in the Truck Series this season. Kyle Busch has won seven races in the No. 51, while Jones and Wallace have three victories each. Wallace is in his second full season driving the No. 54 for the team. Its awesome to break the truck record, 13 wins in a season, Jones said. Cool to be the one who got to do that. On Thursday, KBM and JJoe Gibbs Racing jointly announced that Jones will compete full time for KBM in the Truck Series and run a partial schedule for JGR in the Xfinity (now known as Nationwide) Series.dddddddddddd Ryan Rudy Fugle will serve as Jones crew chief in trucks next year, but his entry number and team sponsor in that series have yet to be decided. Matt Craftons second-place finish coupled with a fourth-place run for Ryan Blaney allowed Crafton to widen his points lead to 25 over Blaney. The series will conclude its season next Friday at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Its a damn shame that the lights went out, Crafton said. I guarantee it was going to be exciting on the next restart. Blaney was one of many drivers who was disappointed that NASCAR called the race short of its scheduled distance. I would have liked to race the last (24) laps, Blaney said. Im not sure why we called it. We were going to restart in a pretty good lane. I thought we could have at least got to second. We were that good. So I dont know why we called it. All Crafton needs to do is finish 21st or better at Homestead, and he will become the first driver in the 20-year history of the series to win consecutive championships. Custer finished third, while Ben Rhodes placed fifth. Wallace, John H. Nemechek, Austin Dillon, the only Sprint Cup Series regular who competed in this race, Johnny Sauter and Tyler Reddick completed the top-10. In addition to the power outages, this race featured numerous wrecks, including a four-truck incident on the opening lap. After the green flag had waved, John Wes Townley, German Quiroga and Justin Jennings piled up. Track cleanup was extensive, forcing 17 laps of caution. Then on lap 27, Timothy Peters, Jeb Burton and Spencer Gallagher were involved in an accident in turn 3. ' ' '