Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen

Willkommen
Cl11234566 Offline

21.11.2019 01:39
being a two-horse battle for the scudetto Antworten

UNIONDALE, N.Y. -- The New York Islanders were even with the Florida Panthers in the first period, and coach Jack Capuano liked nothing about it. He let his players know it, and they responded with an impressive final 40 minutes. Josh Bailey had a goal and assist, and the Islanders kept up their strong finish with a 4-2 victory over the Panthers on Tuesday night. "We got off to a real slow start," Capuano said. New York, on the verge of elimination in the Eastern Conference playoff race after qualifying for the post-season a year ago, quickly bounced back from Quinton Howdens short-handed goal less than two minutes in and sent the Panthers to their fourth straight loss. Travis Hamonic, Matt Martin and Mike Halmo also scored, Colin McDonald had two assists, and Evgeni Nabokov made 20 saves for the Islanders, 4-0-1 in their past five. "Guys have done a good job keeping each other up, keeping the spirits up even though it can be tough," Bailey said. "When you think about last year down the stretch and how much fun it was, its difficult. We definitely dont want to find ourselves here ever again, but youve still got a job to do." Florida, which won two earlier meetings this season, is one of three NHL teams with fewer points than New York. "No one is happy with where we are," Martin said. "Its a rough year and a year were not proud of, but to be going down the stretch with some wins and playing good hockey definitely feels a little bit better." Brandon Pirri closed the scoring for Florida, making it 4-2 with his 11th goal -- on a power play -- with 5.9 seconds left in the game. Scott Clemmensen stopped 36 shots for Florida, which lost 6-3 at New Jersey on Monday. "We let them capitalize on too many chances," Panthers centre Nick Bjugstad said. "We have to stay positive and try to end the season with better efforts." The action started quickly for the Panthers, who scored short-handed for the second straight night -- the fourth time that has happened in team history. On his first NHL shift, defenceman Jonathan Racine was called for interference when he levelled forward Cal Clutterbuck 42 seconds in. Florida then struck first. Howden knocked the puck free at the left point and raced the other way alone. He easily stayed in front of Frans Nielsen and beat Nabokov at 1:50. The Islanders tied it on the same power play, 45 seconds later, when Hamonic netted his third goal. Bailey won a faceoff and got the puck back to Hamonic, who snapped a shot through traffic at 2:35. "The surge started to go our way a little bit, but we didnt play our style in the first," Capuano said. "I wasnt happy at all, and I know the guys werent happy, either, but youve got to find a way. You cant have slow starts in this league." Florida gave the Islanders two other power plays in the period in which the Panthers were outshot 11-5. They were about to get an advantage with 2:19 left when Matt Carkner high-sticked Scottie Upshall in front of the penalty box and knocked him to the ice. But Panthers teammate Erik Gudbranson charged Carkner, and they immediately fought. Gudbranson was given an extra penalty for instigating, wiping out the power play. The Islanders added two goals in the second, including Baileys seventh 17 seconds after he served a penalty. McDonald got two whacks at the puck, and Bailey slammed in the rebound at 11:18. New York stretched the lead to 3-1 with 2:24 remaining. McDonald knocked the puck away from Racine at the left point and took off alone. The hard-charging Martin came down the middle and ripped in the rebound of McDonalds shot for his eighth goal. "They kept coming at us, kept crashing the crease," Clemmensen said. "They never stopped working, never gave up on plays all night." Halmo converted his rebound 4:21 into the third to make it 4-1. It was his first NHL goal in his 13th career game. "Everyone in here wants to play hard and be successful and give management something to think about for next season," Martin said. "Were in a profession where no ones job is really safe, so if you want to play here, youve got to show it." NOTES: For the third straight year, Martin was given the teams Bob Nystrom Award, honouring leadership, hustle and dedication. ... Racine and RW Bobby Butler were recalled from San Antonio (AHL) on Tuesday. Butler was scratched. ... With Montreal clinching a playoff spot, the trade between the Canadiens and Islanders in which Thomas Vanek was dealt by New York is completed. The Islanders will receive an extra second-round draft pick and give up their fifth-rounder to Montreal. Fake Yeezys 2019 . -- New York Yankees centre fielder Jacoby Ellsbury was sent for an MRI Thursday of his ailing right calf, which was negative. Fake Yeezys . -- Creighton apparently has Villanovas number. http://www.fakeyeezysforsale.com/.com) - Thursday marks the official debut of a new dirt racing surface at Meydan Racecourse. Fake Yeezy Boost 350 V2 . Arsene Wenger reportedly wants to convert the player into an attacking force, much like he did with Robin Van Persie. Fake Yeezys Boost . CHAUNCEY BILLUPS (Pistons): Yes they got Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings in the off-season and Andre Drummond is a beast (teams are kicking themselves for passing on him - he rebounds and block shots every game - thats two more discernable and significant skills than most guys in his draft class), but dont for a second discount the impact of having a savvy veteran like Billups on your team.MILAN -- The highlight of this weekends Serie A matches is undoubtedly Inter Milans visit to Juventus in what is sure to be a heated derby dItalia match. There is also the Genoa derby on Sunday, while second-place Roma hosts Parma looking to take advantage of any more slip-ups from Juventus. Here are five things to know about the Italian league ahead of this weekends matches: LLORENTE ON SONGThe last time Juventus hosted Inter Milan the visitors ended the Bianconeris impressive streak of 49 games unbeaten with a 3-1 victory. Inter cannot stop Juventus pursuit of a record this time after the two-time defending Serie A champion was held to a 1-1 draw at Lazio last weekend, ending its run of consecutive wins at 12 — five short of Inters record. Fernando Llorente scored his fifth goal in six matches last week as he continues to impress following a difficult start to the season after his transfer from Athletic Bilbao. "At first it was a new way of working for me and I needed a bit of time," Llorente said. "But slowly, slowly you get used to it, improve and get on the same wavelength as your teammates. "It was an important change for me, leaving my home country and coming to a new city and new environment. ... Now, however, Im enjoying one of the best moments of my career." DERBY DITALIA SPICEMatches between Juventus and Inter Milan are known as the derby dItalia — Italys derby — and are normally a heated affair. However, there will be extra spice to this weekends match after the collapse of a swap deal involving Inters Fredy Guarin and Juventus Mirko Vucinic. Everything had been agreed between the two clubs and Vucinic had cleared his locker and bid his teammates farewell before Inter president Erick Thohir pulled the plug on the deal at the last minute. Juventus general director Giuseppe Marotta launched an angry tirade at Inters "lack of respect" following the decision and it has left the Milan club looking shambolic in its transfer dealings. FREE-SCORING ROMASecond-place Roma will be hoping to close the gap on Juventus still further thiss weekend when it hosts Parma on Sunday.dddddddddddd Roma beat Hellas Verona 3-1 last weekend to move six points behind Antonio Contes side. The capital side has been in impressive form of late, scoring 10 goals and conceded just one in winning its past three league matches, and also knocked Juventus out of the Italian Cup. "Is the title race re-opened? I hope so," Roma coach Rudi Garcia said. "Juve isnt unbeatable but its a very strong team as it already has 56 points from 21 games. Their points tally so far is incredible. "It doesnt just depend on us: well do what we have to do, and if they start to slip up we have to be ready to start cutting back the deficit." TWO-HORSE RACE?Napoli lost more ground in the title race as it looks increasingly like being a two-horse battle for the scudetto. Rafa Benitezs team was held to a 1-1 draw at home by relegation-threatened Chievo Verona. It was Napolis second successive draw and left it 12 points behind Juventus and six behind Roma. However, it knocked out holder Lazio in the Italian Cup on Wednesday to progress to the semifinals and it is also in the Europa League, after being eliminated from the Champions League. "We have been involved in Europe and will be again, but we have a talented roster and we will try to do our best on all three fronts," Benitez said. Napoli visits Atalanta on Sunday. NEW-LOOK MILANAC Milan has been busy this January as it attempts to turn its season around. Clarence Seedorf has won his first two league matches in charge after replacing Massimiliano Allegri, while the club has also been active in the transfer market, with Adel Taarabt set to join fellow new signings Keisuke Honda, Adil Rami and Michael Essien. "I am honoured to be able to play at the best club in the world," Taarabt said. "I spoke with Seedorf and we are both happy. I am an attacker and I like to play behind the strikers. "I do not know (Mario) Balotelli personally, but I know very well who he is and I am pleased to be able to play with him." Milan hosts Torino on Saturday. ' ' '