Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 60 mal aufgerufen

Willkommen
Cl11234566 Offline

21.11.2019 01:38
lasted right up until the Spaniard Antworten

DALLAS -- Dirk Nowitzki passed Jerry West on the NBA scoring list from a familiar spot: behind the 3-point line. Nowitzki had 19 points, including consecutive shots from long range in the third quarter to move up to 16th in career scoring, and the Dallas Mavericks beat the Washington Wizards 105-95 Tuesday night. The 7-foot German will go down as the best-shooting big man in league history whenever he retires, so it was fitting that the 35-year-old was 26 feet from the basket when he supplanted the man whose silhouette serves the NBA logo. "Jerry is the man," said Nowitzki, who finished the night with 25,197 points and now goes after Reggie Miller for 15th at 25,279 points. "He is the logo and that says it all. It has been a great ride." Trevor Ariza led the Wizards with 27 points, including five 3-pointers. He also had seven rebounds and four steals. Monta Ellis started slowly from the field before scoring 10 in the fourth quarter to help the Mavericks improve to 4-0 at home this season. Ellis matched Nowitzki with 19. The Nowitzki was struggling from the field before a loose ball bounced to him above the key. The 11-time All-Star and 2007 MVP grabbed it, turned and hit a shot to get within a point of Wests record. On Dallas next possession, Gal Mekel passed to Nowitzki a few feet left of the previous spot, and Nowitzki pulled up and hit another from long range with 59.9 seconds left in the third. That bucket gave him 16 points for the game and put him ahead of West, who scored 25,192 in 14 seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers from 1960-74. He went on to become their general manager and later a Memphis Grizzlies executive. Nowitzki, who is in his 16th season, ended up 8 of 19 from the field with eight rebounds, two assists and two steals. "Yeah, I suppose it was (fitting), although Jerry West never shot a 3," Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said. "If there had been a 3-point line back then, this milestone would have come later. Hes going to pass more big names in the weeks and months to come." Vince Carter scored 16, and Samuel Dalembert led Dallas with 13 points in the first half and finished with 15. DeJuan Blair had nine points and 11 rebounds. Marcin Gortat had 12 points and 12 rebounds for Washington. The Wizards had their last lead early in the second quarter, but were down just 89-84 when Ellis hit a pull-up jumper and was fouled by Bradley Beal, who was held to nine points on 2-of-10 shooting two nights after scoring a career-high 34 in an overtime loss at Oklahoma City. "Thats the confusing part," Beal said. "We played so aggressively and so hard against OKC. It was like Game 7 of the finals or something. Then now, we come out tonight and not have that same mentality." Ellis bucket over Beal was his first shot of the fourth quarter after he had gone 3 of 10 through the first three. Ellis missed the free throw, but the Wizards couldnt convert on three chances at the other end. After Nene lost the ball out of bounds trying to make a post move, Shawn Marion hit a runner to put Dallas back up by nine. "Hes going to keep attacking," Nowitzki said of Ellis. "All good scorers in this league are like that. He was phenomenal in the fourth quarter. He kept that cushion for us." Nowitzki hit a runner to give the Mavericks their biggest lead at 71-56, but the Wizards went on an 18-6 run to make it a game again. Ariza had 11 points during the run, including a 3-pointer and a dunk on consecutive possessions. John Wall had assists on five straight buckets during the spurt and finished with 10. Wall and Nene scored 14 apiece. Carter started a 16-2 Dallas run in the second quarter with a 3-pointer, and Ellis finished it with a nifty reverse layup to put the Mavericks up 49-38. After the Wizards got within four, Jose Calderon made a 3-pointer and Carter hit another 3 at the shot clock buzzer to give Dallas a 59-49 lead in the final minute of the first half. Carter was 4 of 9 from long range. The Mavericks scored seven points in one trip late in the first quarter to turn a 29-23 deficit into a 30-29 lead. Jae Crowder was fouled on a driving bank shot and missed the free throw, but DeJuan Blair grabbed the rebound before hitting a shot and getting fouled. His missed free throw was tipped by Carter to Mekel, who passed back to Carter for a 3-pointer from the left wing. "Thats just commitment to rebounding," Washington coach Randy Wittman said. "Just not ready. I dont know what to say about that. Inexcusable." NOTES: The teams combined to shoot 60 per cent in a 67-point first quarter, which ended with the Wizards in front 34-33. ... Mavericks G Wayne Ellington sat out with a right thigh contusion. ... Mavericks G Devin Harris says hes targeting a mid-December return from off-season toe surgery. Cheap Air Max 97 Wholesale .com) - The Hatch Attack is back in the Southern Conference. Cheap Lebron Shoes . Smith, an eighth overall pick, had two goals in only 276 minutes of playing time over 16 appearances last season. The left side midfielder played only 43 minutes in three games this season. http://www.wholesalenikeshoesclearance.c...rant-shoes.html. Onyshko, from Minnedosa, Man., will compete in artistic gymnastics while Hanet, from Kelowna, B.C., will compete in lawn bowling as a para-athlete. "It is exciting that our Canadian athletes are starting to arrive at the Games Village," said Chantal Petitclerc, Canadas Chef de Mission. Kd Shoes Wholesale . The Bruins forward has been fined $5,000 by the National Hockey League for spearing Red Wings defenceman Danny DeKeyser in the groin. Kobe Bryant Shoes Sell . - Canadian tennis star Eugenie Bouchard has signed with WME-IMG, saying the sports management powerhouse will help maximize the value of my brand.PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- Martin Kaymer stopped thinking, started swinging and played his way into the record book Thursday in The Players Championship. Kaymer missed only two fairways. He putted for birdie on all but one hole. And the former PGA champion finished with four straight birdies to become only the fourth player to shoot 9-under 63 on the Stadium Course at the TPC Sawgrass, giving him a two-shot lead over Russell Henley. Kaymer took advantage of a perfect day for scoring -- warm weather, hardly any wind and soft greens. There were 28 rounds in the 60s, which made the score by Adam Scott look even worse. With another chance -- his best one yet -- to get to No. 1 in the world for the first time, Scott finished with a pair of double bogeys from shots in the water and signed for a 77. It was his highest opening round at The Players since his first trip in 2002. Kaymer was flawless, hitting whatever shot he felt he needed. His final blow was a hybrid that ran through the ninth green and into a bunker, leaving a simple up-and-down for birdie. He had a 29 on the back, the first player in the 32-year history at Sawgrass to break 30 on either nine. Roberto Castro also opened with a 63 last year. The only others with 63 were Greg Norman in the first round in 1994, and Fred Couples in the third round in 1992. "Its just a nice bonus," Kaymer said. "Its only the first round of a long, long tournament. Its nice to make some history. No one shot 29 on that golf course before." Kaymer would not have seemed like a good candidate. He has not won since the HSBC Champions in Shanghai at the end of 2011. He hasnt had a top 10 all year. But the 29-year-old German has felt his swing start to come together in recent weeks. His name has been featured on leaderboards more and more. And he had a simple explanation. "I stopped thinking," Kaymer said, a former world No. 1. "I thought a lot the last two years about swing changes ... that every shot I made I reflect on it, what I did wrong, what I did right." A few weeks before the Masters, he spent time with longtime swing coach Gunter Kessler in Phoenix, and then they had another good session in Germany. "And then it just clicked a little bit,"t; he said.dddddddddddd "I thought, OK, I know I can hit pretty much every shot when I needed to hit it. If its a draw, if its a fade, low or high, I know that I can do it. Its just a matter of getting the confidence on the golf course and then letting it happen and really doing it." Henley, who won the Honda Classic in a four-way playoff in March, made birdie on half of his holes to atone for one big mistake. He hooked a tee shot into the water on No. 7 and compounded that with a three-putt for double bogey. But he answered with six birdies on the back nine for a 65. "I knew I was playing well and felt really comfortable on the greens," Henley said. "But it was one of those back nines where you get to 18 and I just realized that I had a putt for 7 under. So that was pretty cool." Bae Sang-Moon had a 66. The group at 67 included Sergio Garcia, who spent last year in a war or words with Tiger Woods that lasted right up until the Spaniard hit three balls into the water on the two closing holes and Woods walked away with the win. Garcia looked sharp, happy and was confident in his game. And he had loads of company. Lee Westwood, 20-year-old Jordan Spieth and U.S. Open champion Justin Rose also were at 67. The group at 68 included Ernie Els and Dustin Johnson. There were 67 rounds under par, and the scoring average of 71.99 was the eighth-lowest for an opening round at The Players Championship. But it wasnt easy for everyone. Rory McIlroy made three bogeys over his last seven holes and tumbled to a 70. That was nearly as bad as Phil Mickelson. Coming off a 76 in the final round at Quail Hollow last week, he started his round by missing a 3-foot par putt and shot 75. Of the four players with a mathematical chance to reach No. 1, only Masters champion Bubba Watson broke 70. He had a 69, while Henrik Stenson and Matt Kuchar each had a 71. Only four players had a worse score than Scott. Kaymer reached No. 1 three years ago, and then sought to change his swing because he could only hit a fade. He prefers to play by feel, not by mechanics. A swing change left him little choice but to think too much. Now, he can only hope its as simple as see the shot and hit the ball. ' ' '