Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 57 mal aufgerufen

HIer nun die allgemeine Plauderecke
Cl11234566 Offline

13.11.2019 03:16
Sherman was able to draw from a wide cross section of Seattle Antworten

(SportsNetwork.com) - The Boston Red Sox are on the cusp of their first World Series appearance since 2007. To get there, though, they may have to get past the best pitcher in the American League this season. Max Scherzer will try to keep the Red Soxs champagne on ice and extend the Detroit Tigers season on Saturday, as the American League Championship Series shifts back to Fenway Park for Game 6. Scherzer could be on his way to an AL Cy Young Award after going 21-3 this year with a 2.90 ERA. Its been more of the same for him in the postseason, as he has won twice and has pitched to a 2.25 ERA in three appearances. "You just go out there and pitch your game," Scherzer said. "Baseball is still the same, sixty feet and six inches (from the mound to home plate), and you have to throw strikes. The expectations and pressure doesnt mean you change. "Thats something thats always been instilled in me, and doesnt matter what the situation or what the game means, Im always going to approach the game the same way." Scherzer was terrific in Game 2 against the Red Sox, as he limited them to a run, two hits and struck out 13 over seven innings. However, after exiting with a four-run lead, he had to watch the beleaguered Tigers bullpen implode in a 6-5 loss. "I told them I was done," Scherzer said after that one. "They wanted me done. They had it all lined up how they wanted to approach the eighth inning." Now Scherzer will be tasked with staving off elimination for the Tigers, who dropped two of three at home to the Red Sox, including Thursdays pivotal Game 5 contest at Comerica Park. Mike Napoli had three hits, including a home run, and scored twice and the Red Sox reached Anibal Sanchez for four runs, then held on for a 4-3 win. Boston managed nine hits off of Sanchez after not getting one off of him in six innings in Game 1. In fact, the Red Sox had tallied just 14 hits and three runs off Detroit starters through the first four games combined. Jon Lester (1-1), who lost Game 1, was charged with two runs in 5 1/3 innings to get the win, as he gave up seven hits, three walks and struck out three. Red Sox closer Koji Uehara continued to impress, as he retired every batter he faced in a five-out save, his first since Sept. 20. "Maybe its the same five outs numbers-wise, but it was completely different because it was the playoffs," said Uehara, who has pitched five scoreless innings this series. Miguel Cabrera had an RBI single for Detroit but was thrown out at home in the first inning and grounded into a double play in the seventh that scored a run but killed a potential rally. "We were fortunate we got a couple of ground-ball double plays ... none bigger than the first and third with nobody out to Miggy," said Red Sox manager John Farrell. Prince Fielders drought continued for the Tigers, as the first baseman has now gone 17 straight postseason games without an RBI. "We have to go to Fenway and we have to fight hard enough to win a game," said Cabrera. "If we do that, we have to keep fighting and get the next one. Weve done this before, and weve got great pitchers." To make matters worse for the Tigers, they lost catcher Alex Avila with what the team said was a left knee patellar tendon strain. Avila was hurt in a collision at the plate with Red Sox catcher David Ross in the second inning and was taken out after four. There have been four one-run games in the series, which already matches the ALCS record, set by the Orioles and Indians in 1997. "I just think thats playoffs," said Boston outfielder Jonny Gomes. "Especially the Sox and Tigers. Thats about as even as it gets right there." Hoping for a little more of a cushion on Saturday will be Boston righty Clay Buchholz, who was 12-1 during the season with a 1.74 ERA, but has pitched to a 6.17 ERA in two starts this postseason. Buchholz was spared a loss in his Game 2 assignment, but was not sharp, as he allowed five runs and eight hits in 5 2/3 innings. Of course, David Ortiz got him off the hook with a game-tying grand slam, as the Red Sox rallied from five runs down in a 6-5 win. "There were a couple of innings I let the ball get out of the zone and they hit it out of the park," Buchholz said. "I need to minimize the damage a little bit better. Both video and talking to whoever it is on the staff, you can sort of pick each others brain and see what I was feeling, what I could have done differently and how to get better from it." Recent history is not in the Red Sox favor, as the last four series that have featured a 3-2 lead, the team losing Game 5 has gone on to win the ALCS. If necessary, Game 7 will be on Sunday. Nike Jerseys . Acclaimed by world football leaders but held in contempt by many football fans. Blatter should arrive at the Itaquerao stadium in Sao Paulo to watch host Brazil play Croatia confident that this tournament -- his fifth as president -- wont be his last leading the worlds favourite sport. China Jerseys . The deal will pay Hainsey $3 million for the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons and $2.5 million in 2016-17. https://www.cheapjerseysjustwholesale.com/.com) - Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer were among the third-round winners Friday at the French Open. Adidas Jerseys . Dancevic won his singles match on Friday, defeating Go Soeda 6-4, 7-6 (2), 6-1, to even the best-of-five series at a game apiece. World No. 18 Kei Nishikori defeated Peter Polansky in the opening match, 6-4, 6-4, 6-4. Stitched Jerseys .J. Fair didnt have many chances to be the main option for Syracuse last season.SEATTLE -- Not that it should come as a surprise, but Seattle is still crazy about its Super Bowl champion Seahawks. The latest example came Sunday when an announced crowd of 22,000 turned out at Safeco Field for Richard Shermans charity softball game. After being played in a minor league baseball park in Tacoma last season, Shermans event filled the entire lower bowl of the Seattle Mariners home stadium from one foul pole to the other. Shermans event featured a litany of Seahawks teammates, including quarterback Russell Wilson, defensive end Michael Bennett, wide receiver Doug Baldwin and safety Earl Thomas. Also playing was Kobe Bryant, who said he hadnt swung a bat in 20 years. It certainly didnt look that way in his first at-bat, with Bryant hitting a solo homer over the temporary fence in the outfield. "I respect these guys tremendously and its humbling, its not something you can put into words," Sherman said before the game started. "You dont wake up one day and be like Im going to have Kobe Bryant, Nate Robinson, Lawyer Milloy playing in my softball gamee, and Macklemore.dddddddddddd Its something that happened and youre numb to the feeling until like years later when you realize that was a pretty incredible event." Sherman was able to draw from a wide cross section of Seattle sports stars to participate in the event to benefit his foundation. Along with current NBA players Bryant, Robinson and Jamal Crawford, former Seattle SuperSonics stars Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton took part, as did Chris Hansen, the investor hoping to bring the NBA back to Seattle. "Hes a psycho like me," Bryant said of Sherman. "I think its just mutual respect and I have a great amount of respect for people who work at their craft. When him and I met, we just talked and hit it off." Bryant said it was his first time back in Seattle since the departure of the SuperSonics for Oklahoma City after the 2008 season. After earlier saying the Eagles were his favourite NFL team, Bryant admitted he needed to make up for that statement. "Ive always enjoyed coming here. Id much rather come here in the post-season than Oklahoma," Bryant said. ' ' '