Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 51 mal aufgerufen

Carmen`s Karmalegung
Cl11234566 Offline

11.11.2019 03:50
You dont know how all that stuff woorks right away. Antworten

KAMLOOPS, B.C. -- Kevin Glenn was all set to be the Ottawa Redblacks first starting quarterback. The team selected him first overall in the expansion draft to stock the CFLs ninth franchise, and following years of uncertainty he was preparing to once again be an undisputed No. 1 pivot. Then almost overnight, circumstances changed dramatically. The Hamilton Tiger-Cats released veteran quarterback Henry Burris -- who led them to last years Grey Cup -- at the end of January after signing Zach Collaros to be their new starter, creating an opportunity the Redblacks felt they couldnt pass up. Ottawa signed Burris to a three-year contract a few days later to be the face of the franchise -- a move that Glenn met with a trade demand, one that was finally granted last month at the draft when the Redblacks dealt him to the B.C. Lions. Now at training camp with his new team and happy to be wanted, theres still a tinge of bitterness in Glenns voice when talk turns to the way things played out in the nations capital. "Everybody knows the situation in Ottawa," the 34-year-old said this week. "I was kind of blindsided into what was going on because, not getting into everything ... they knew that I wanted to be the guy in order to be in Ottawa." He said the Redblacks didnt notify him they intended to sign Burris, simply adding: "I got it in the news the same day that it actually happened." Glenn wouldnt speculate on how things would have played out if Ottawa had let him know what they were thinking prior to the move, but hes comfortable with his new teammates and eager to contribute. "To me, its just a better situation than it was in Ottawa. Im just being honest, from top to bottom," he said. "It is it what it is. You dont worry about that kind of stuff. You sit back and you let everything else take care of itself. You only handle what you can handle." He points to a roster filled with players who won a championship three years ago as why he was willing to be the No. 2 quarterback behind Travis Lulay in B.C., something he wasnt able to accept with the Redblacks. "This is not any knock towards the Ottawa franchise or the league or the fans in Ottawa or anything," said Glenn. "Youre dealing with an expansion team versus a team (with) a lot guys who actually won the Grey Cup in 2011." Glenn could have eventually been given a shot behind Burris, who turns 39 on Wednesday, but theres a chance he might start the Lions season opener as Lulay continues to recover from off-season shoulder surgery. "Its more opportunity. Im going to be honest," he said. "I think thats one of the reasons why B.C. made the trade -- just to say we can get another quality guy. "I think the biggest thing for us is we have two guys who can win games." Lions head coach Mike Benevides said the team was desperate to add experienced depth at quarterback and it just worked out that Glenns situation changed at the right time. "I cant overstate how important it was to get Kevin," said Benevides. "When you take a look at where Travis is, we know were going to need all of training camp to get him where we need to get him to. When you take a look at Kevin, what Ive seen thus far (is) an outstanding teammate, a pro thats been around 14 years." Glenn led the Calgary Stampeders to the 2012 Grey Cup game and has thrown for 39,418 yards and 222 touchdowns against 151 interceptions over his career while completing 62 per cent of his passes. "Hes thrilled to be here. He wanted to change. He got the change that he wanted, and for us now he gets to explore a lot of our offence," said Benevides. "Its a good marriage and I think hell be able to play at a moments notice." First-year Lions offensive co-ordinator Khari Jones, who has both played with and coached Glenn in the past, said it was critical to add a viable second option under centre after B.C. lost backup Thomas DeMarco in the expansion draft. "In this league right now you can never have too many quality quarterbacks," said Jones. "Its a tough league. Its a tough league to play 18 games and you want to have the opportunity when your starter might not be in there to have someone whos a starter in his own right to come in and play good football and help you win games." Although they both want to be on the field when B.C. opens its regular-season schedule later this month, Glenn and Lulay have already struck up a good working relationship, even making the four-hour drive from the Vancouver area up to Thompson Rivers University for training camp together in the same car. "Hes welcomed me with open arms (even though) were two guys fighting for the same position," said Glenn. "That right there, hands down I have respect for you. Were not even talking about stuff on the football field and how you play, but just the person that he is." Lulay said he watched Glenn from afar as an opponent and was impressed by how he dealt with platoon situations in Hamilton and Calgary in recent years. "He was always a guy I thought pretty highly of. Hes been a consistent guy and been able to play at a high level. Hes been in a lot of different situations," said Lulay. "Being able to overcome that and focus on being able to go out and play and playing well, that built a lot of respect from your peer group. "Knowing that hes a guy whos seen the highs, hes seen the lows of playing the position in the league, that just builds a lot respect before I even had known him. It helps us break that trust barrier a little quicker." Glenns ability to work in a number of different scenarios has also taken some of the pressure off Lulay to rush back from injury for a team that will be feeling the heat to perform in the tough West Division as Grey Cup hosts. "One of the things about being injured is you feel like youre letting your teammates down by not being able to be out there with them," said Lulay. "Having a guy you can trust to lead the team is really important. "A guy that plays 14 years in this league, that doesnt happen by accident." Cheap Air Jordan Free Shipping . LOUIS -- Joe Thornton and the San Jose Sharks won the matchup of unbeaten teams. Clearance Air Jordan Store . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Tuukka Rask, Boston Bruins (5) – He had a brilliant game; it was a huge response for his average games before. https://www.jordanchina.us/.com) - The surprising Calgary Flames host the winless New Jersey Devils at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Friday. Air Jordan China . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Marc-Andre Fleury, Pittsburgh Penguins (5) – He was locked in all night, made huge stops on Benoit Pouliot, Raphael Diaz, Ryan Mcdonagh, Carl Hagelin, Rick Nash (twice) but none better than the three saves on Mats Zuccarello. Air Jordan Outlet . - The Cleveland Indians will place centerfielder Michael Bourn on the disabled list before their opener at Oakland on March 31.NEW YORK -- Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig says the sports new replay system is working well despite a few problems during its first two weeks. While baseball began video review late in the 2008 season, it was limited to potential home runs and boundary calls. The new system that began March 30 vastly expands the types of plays that managers and umpires can ask to be reviewed at a replay centre in New York. Calls by umpires on the field have been confirmed in 33 of 89 challenges through Monday and overturned in 30. For 25 others, calls stood because of a lack of "clear and convincing" evidence. In one instance, umpires asked for a video review to check the balls-strike count. Selig called the rollout "remarkable" but wouldnt say whether MLB would make any adjustments during this initial season. "Weve had really very little controversy overall," Selig said Tuesday at the MLB Diversity Business Summit. "Everything in life will have a little glitch here and there where you do something new. And are our guys on top of it? You bet. But Im saying to you again, youll hear about the one or two controversies, but look at all the calls that have been overturned." Umpires review challenged calls in a room filled with computers, screens and technicians at the offices of Major League Baseball Advanced Media. "Technology takes a while to work," MLBAM chief executive officer Bob Bowman said. "I dont know if you ever bought a new car. You dont know how all that stuff woorks right away.dddddddddddd And if you ever get a new phone, it takes you awhile to learn it. Were under 30 days old, and I know weve arrived because ESPN is already criticizing us. And it must be great to be perfect the way ESPN is." ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz declined comment. Boston manager John Farrell was ejected after a call was overturned during Sundays game against the Yankees, which gave New York an additional run in a game it went on to win 3-2. Francisco Cervelli originally was called out at first for an inning-ending double play, but he was ruled safe on the review -- allowing Brian McCann to score from first. A day earlier, MLB admitted it incorrectly failed to overturn a call that was in favour of the Yankees and said it was because the replay room in New York did not immediately have access to some of the camera angles from broadcasts that showed Boston shortstop Xander Bogaerts tagged Dean Anna while the runners right foot briefly came off second base. "I dont expect any system to be perfect. So its no different than before instant replay," Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner said. "Youre going to get calls that go your way, and youre probably going to get some that dont. And no system is perfect, but its a vast improvement over what we had." Chicago Cubs owner Tom Ricketts had a more parochial -- and playful -- view. "Were two and two in challenges, so its clear to us the replay system only works about half the time," he said. ' ' '