Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 68 mal aufgerufen

Kartenbilder zum Üben
panxing18 Offline

08.05.2019 04:36
Mariners fans have waited longer than any suppo Antworten

SEATTLE (AP) — rters in North America for a return to the postseason.General manager Jerry Dipoto is asking Seattle to wait a little bit more.Dipoto continued a whirlwind reshaping of the Mariners’ roster Monday by sending Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz to the Mets and Jean Segura Nolan Ryan Jersey , James Pazos and Juan Nicasio to Philadelphia. In exchange, Seattle received a bundle of prospects and freed up significant salary space for after the 2020 season.“This is what a reset looks like,” Dipoto said.Dipoto believes the flurry of moves he’s made in the past few weeks can get the Mariners into contention by 2021, calling the strategy a “step back” rather than a rebuild, even though it could take longer than a couple of seasons for Seattle to return to relevancy.The Mariners have been the busiest team in baseball, making wholesale changes to begin the offseason. Salary and experience are being swapped for youth and hope, with an eye on opening a competitive window when the American League’s current superpowers — including AL West-rival Houston — may finally take a step back.Patience is a big ask from a fan base that hasn’t seen the playoffs since 2001, the longest postseason drought in North American professional sports. That streak is almost certain to continue for a few more seasons, although Dipoto doesn’t consider this to be a full tear-down.“For those who have already determined that this is what ripping it down to the studs looks like, there’s still quite a way to go to do that. We still have fair bit of talent on this team,” he said.Still, there’s a significant amount of talent that has left Seattle in the past few weeks.Cano and Diaz — gone to the Mets.Segura, Nicasio, Pazos — gone to Philadelphia.James Paxton — gone to the Yankees.Alex Colome — gone to the White Sox.Mike Zunino, Guillermo Heredia — gone to Tampa Bay.Many of those moves were expected. Seattle figured to shed salary and try to get younger after finishing third in the AL West despite an 89-73 record.But this sell-off has left the roster almost unrecognizable. There are only two players remaining from the 40-man roster Dipoto inherited in September of 2015— Kyle Seager and Felix Hernandez.The decision to deal Diaz signals a change. The All-Star closer could have been a core part of the future Rougned Odor Jersey , along with Mitch Haniger and Marco Gonzales. Instead, he was used to get Seattle out from under a big chunk of Cano’s remaining contract and pry two former first-round picks away from the Mets. That move means this “reset” is going deeper than originally planned.“This is mostly what we anticipated doing. I say mostly because we didn’t anticipate moving Robbie Cano and as a result we didn’t anticipate moving Edwin,” Dipoto said. “But the rest of it is much by design and as I can’t say we’re completely done yet I think most of the heavy lifting is done.”Seattle was stuck in a strange baseball purgatory — not good enough to catch the AL’s elite, but with big money tied up in veterans who just propelled the team to 89 wins. It wasn’t sustainable going forward, leading to the decision to make such a drastic shift.The prospects Seattle landed Monday — outfielder Jarred Kelenic and right-handed pitchers Justin Dunn and Gerson Bautista from the Mets; and shortstop J.P. Crawford from the Phillies — can all end up playing a major role in Seattle’s future success. Seattle also got veterans Jay Bruce, Carlos Santana and Anthony Swarzak.Those young players come with risk, and the shift has to be sold to a fan base that’s been eroded during this postseason drought and must accept it will likely be a few more years before that becomes a possibility again.“The payroll we have pulled back can be better purposed when we get to our open window. We didn’t really make the 2019 team any cheaper,” Dipoto said. “But we made the 2021, 2022 teams considerably more flexible with these deals and that’s a part of the idea to put ourselves in position where our young players are out there on the field … that team can be augmented by the free agent market for what we would view the free-agent market as, which would be to finish a team not to build one.” DENVER (AP) — Julio Teheran’s solid pitching early helped him get through a very rough patch, with a big assist from the Atlanta Braves‘ lineup.Backed by Ronald Acuna Jr.’s home run and Dansby Swanson’s three RBIs, the right-hander weathered a six-run inning — Colorado’s biggest of the season — in helping the Braves beat the Rockies 8-6 on Monday night for their first road win of the year.“There was only one bad inning that I had,” Teheran said. “We got the offense working early and I think that’s what won the ballgame. I was good in the first four innings but I kind of got in trouble with a couple homers in the fifth. It was just one of those starts. I feel like all my pitches were working. It was just a crazy inning, I’ll call it like that.”Nick Markakis added three hits and two RBIs for the Braves, swept in their season-opening trip to Philadelphia.Pinch-hitter Mark Reynolds and Trevor Story homered for the Rockies http://www.rangersfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-moore-jersey , who have lost eight of nine.Teheran (1-1) allowed six runs and five hits — all in the fifth inning — but benefited from a Braves bullpen that delivered four scoreless frames. A.J. Minter got three outs for his first save.“It was a typical Coors Field game or inning,” Braves manager Brian Snitker said. “I didn’t feel good up 7-0, I know that. We’re just lucky that the bullpen did a great job coming in because those are the kind of games that can end up being 15-12, so the bullpen did great, and as well as Julio pitched, I’m glad he got the win.”Kyle Freeland (1-2) gave up seven runs and seven hits in five innings for his first loss at Coors Field since June 10 against Arizona.“I didn’t have command of my fastball glove side,” Freeland said. “I normally do. Slider was flat, couldn’t get on top of it, couldn’t get it down in the zone. And the result is what it is. When you don’t have the two best pitches in the arsenal, things are going to go sideways quick.”Teheran was staked to a 7-0 lead and held the Rockies hitless until Josh Fuentes singled to center field to start the fifth.Fuentes, a rookie infielder making his first major league start, scored on a sacrifice fly by Garrett Hampson. Reynolds, batting for Freeland, drove the first pitch he saw into the left field bleachers. Charlie Blackmon walked and Nolan Arenado singled ahead of Story’s towering home run that landed among the evergreens beyond the center field fence.Acuna got the Braves on the board in the first, driving a 2-1 pitch from Freeland into the second deck above the Rockies’ bullpen in right-center. Acuna’s third home run of the season also scored Josh Donaldson Russell Wilson Jersey , who was aboard on a walk.Acuna was hit by a pitch his next time up in the third to load the bases and Markakis lined a single to center, driving in two runs to make it 4-0.Atlanta added three more in the fifth, including Swanson’s two-run triple. Swanson came home on a wild pitch by Freeland that bounced away from catcher Chris Iannetta.THE CATCHBesides his offensive contributions, Swanson sprinted into foul territory from his shortstop position and made a tumbling catch of pinch-hitter Tony Wolters‘ pop fly to ring up a key out in the ninth inning.“When you have defense like that, it helps you a bunch,” Minter said. “He made an awesome play.”TRAINER’S ROOMBraves: Atlanta is on the mend at catcher. Backup C Tyler Flowers could be back as soon as Tuesday after missing the last two games due to a bruised right hand. “We’ll wait and see how he feels when he gets here (Tuesday morning),” Snitker said. “If he needs another day or two, so be it, we’ll give it to him. If he’s ready to go, we’ll get him out there.” Flowers was hit by a fastball Saturday against Miami. C Brian McCann strained his right hamstring earlier in that game and was placed on the 10-day injured list. C Alex Jackson was recalled from Triple-A Gwinnett to fill McCann’s roster spot. … RHP Mike Foltynewicz is set to make a rehab start Tuesday for Gwinnett. Snitker said Foltynewicz, on the 10-day injured list because of a bone spur in his right elbow, will be limited to 75-80 pitches.Rockies: LF David Dahl was held out of the lineup after leaving Sunday’s game following his initial at-bat. He apparently tweaked his right side on a swing.UP NEXTBraves: LHP Max Fried (1-0) looks to build off six scoreless innings in a sparkling season debut.Rockies: RHP German Marquez (1-0, 0.69 ERA) makes his first start of the season Tuesday night. Since the All-Star break last year, Marquez is 7-3 with a 2.38 ERA.