Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen

Willkommen
zhanjiao1212 Offline

07.05.2019 04:14
y shown hes capable of getting major league hitters out Antworten

DUNEDIN, Florida – On Wednesday, it was J. Frank Fabra Colombia Jersey .A. Happs turn to play in the ongoing game of hot potato, better known as the competition to determine who will comprise the back end of the Blue Jays starting rotation. When the figurative music stops on March 31, Opening Day, general manager Alex Anthopoulos, manager John Gibbons and pitching coach Pete Walker will make whats becoming an increasingly difficult decision thanks to consistently mediocre to subpar performances by the candidates. Walker said before Wednesdays 11-6 win over the Phillies that the game was a "big start" for Happ. He needed to pitch in the strike zone. Happ needed to force Philadephias hitters to make contact. He was scheduled to pitch four or five innings with a pitch count of 70, give or take a few. Turns out Happ threw 71 pitches but did so in only 2 2/3 innings. Only 34 of those pitches were strikes. He laboured, to be generous, allowing three runs on three hits and four walks. Afterward, Happ saw his afternoon in a positive light. "It was good," he said. "I felt strong out there. Maybe a little too good but everything was good. Health was good." The health to which Happ refers is his back, an ailment which has kept him out of Grapefruit League action since he was pulled in the first inning of a March 3 start against the Twins. Happ intends to focus on developing his rhythm, interrupted due to injury, next time out. Hes looking to more consistently harness the new arm slot he employed in the final month of last season. Happ watched video of his start and noticed hed reverted to an over-the-top angle. Its all in the name of better efficiency. "Thats the same story for everybody," said Gibbons. "To be successful in the big leagues youve got to throw a lot of strikes. Youve got to throw that strike one. You fall behind guys, it turns everything in the hitters favour and just the opposite for the pitcher. Hes capable of doing that." Two weeks ago, the 31-year-old was bothered by Anthopoulos suggestion that his spot in the starting rotation was in question. Happ isnt dwelling on it now, saying he cant worry about what he cant control. Its apparent he will be on the team, as will Esmil Rogers and Todd Redmond, his competitors for a final rotation job. The question is who will be the starter and which two will work out of a bullpen which is expected to feature eight relievers. Its believed Happ is in the drivers seat, partly because Rogers doesnt throw enough of his repertoire for strikes and Redmond tends to struggle once the oppositions lineup turns over. Remember, too, that Happ is owed $5.2 million this year on an extension signed the day Ricky Romero was cut from camp last spring. The idea of having $12.7 million on the books for Happ and Romero, with neither in the starting rotation, cant be a pleasant one. "I dont feel like Im far," said Happ. "You guys, youre going to take that outing for what it was and it doesnt look pretty. Pitch-wise, like I said, Im up to 70 and next time be 85-90 and still feel strong thatll be a good thing. Im close." "Im looking forward to his next start," said Gibbons. "Thats all Ive got to say." The game of hot potato continues on Thursday when the Blue Jays visit the Phillies. Another back end of the rotation candidate gets the start. Over to you, Esmil Rogers. ROMERO AND STROMAN REASSIGNED Ricky Romero and Marcus Stroman shipped out to minor league camp on Wednesday morning. Both were outsiders, at best, to crack the opening day roster but both impressed at times during Grapefruit League play. "We just feel they both need more work," said manager John Gibbons. "As far as Ricky, hes moving in the right direction. We really like what he did this camp. Just go down there and polish it up. Stro, hes kind of the odd man out. He had trouble throwing strikes (Tuesday). Hes got to do that. They both need more work." After two down years the bar wasnt set high for Romero. With that as a consideration, its fair to say he exceeded expectations. He had two positive outings before he cratered against the Tigers on Tuesday, reverting to his wild ways. "He showed us enough in the previous two outings before (Tuesday) that you know what, hey, its coming," said Gibbons. "Its a long road and you never really know whether a guy is going to make it back or not but he was starting to show the signs of it." Stroman showed flashes of the pitcher the Blue Jays believe he will become but he was inconsistent all spring, culminating with an ugly performance on Tuesday. The Tigers knocked him around for seven runs on five hits in one-third of an inning. "We brought Stroman in, he pitched in Double-A for us and he had a legitimate shot (at making the club,") said Gibbons. "We dont think hes quite ready. Hes not polished yet so hes got to go down there and work on some things." The Jays still need to add two to a rotation which features R.A. Dickey, Brandon Morrow and Mark Buehrle. While the pitching coach offers praise to Drew Hutchison, Pete Walker wont yet guarantee him a spot. "Not ready to say that," said Walker. "Obviously, were extremely pleased with the way hes thrown the ball. Hes certainly shown hes capable of getting major league hitters out. His velocity, his strength, his bounce back, right now, after outings has been fantastic. Hes shown poise on the mound. Hes done everything you need to do to earn a spot, theres no question, but were just in a position right now, were sorting through some things to make sure we make the right decision." SANCHEZ AROUND FOR EXPERIENCE Aaron Sanchez is getting plenty of opportunity to pitch in Grapefruit League games, often the back end of a starters piggyback. Hes thrown as many as four innings in a game and is scheduled to work in relief of Todd Redmond against the Rays on Friday. "He wont make the team," said manager John Gibbons. "We want to keep him around, pitching in some of these games for the experience factor." Sanchez, 21, is considered the Jays top pitching prospect. He threw 109 2/3 innings combined with High-A Dunedin and in the Arizona Fall League last season. Its expected he will begin the year at Double-A New Hampshire. David Ospina Jersey . The Flames are in the midst of a six-game slide (0-5-1), their longest losing streak since an 0-6-3 skid from Jan. 11-28, 2010. They havent won since Nov. 3 in Chicago and most recently went winless on a three-game homestand. Miguel Borja Jersey . A police inspector told The Associated Press the crane operator is not yet suspected of any wrongdoing but is considered a key witness to the accident at the Arena Corinthians. http://www.nationalcolombiafootball.com/oscar-murillo-colombia-jersey/ . Thornton emerged as one of the leagues best defensive ends against the run in 2013. The former undrafted free agent from Division II Southern Arkansas led Philadelphias linemen with 78 tackles and had one sack.BEREA, Ohio - Trent Richardson has that unassuming way. With his bright smile, cheerful attitude and a soft Southern accent, the Browns running back makes anything sound diplomatic. Richardson did everything he could Thursday not to criticize Clevelands coaches for not giving him the ball more last week in a loss to Miami. But Richardsons message was loud clear: He wants more touches. Richardson carried the ball 13 times for 47 yards in the season-opening, 23-10 loss to Miami. But he only gained 14 on five rushes in the second half, and did not carry the ball once in the fourth quarter as the Browns tried to rally through the air. "I just dont think they stopped the running game," he said, referring to the Dolphins. "I think we stopped it ourselves as far as we were behind and stuff like that. Weve just got to keep fighting and know that no matter what, weve got to stick to our game plan. I guess Coach had another game plan and it went that way." Richardsons remarks were similar to what he said many times last season, when he rushed for 950 yards while playing much of it with broken ribs. Richardson wants a heavier workload and feels he can carry the offence. Trouble is, the former first-round pick has either been injured or the Browns have been so far behind in games that theyve had to pass. But the numbers support Richardsons premise that Browns are at their best when hes getting the ball. Last season, he averaged 95.8 yards in the five games he had 20 rushing attempts, and the Browns went 3-2. When he didnt get 20 carries, he averaged 45.1 yards and Cleveland was 2-8. Richardson said he has spoken to coach Rob Chudzinski and offensive co-ordinator Norv Turner about getting more touches. Richardson received the ball on four of Clevelands first six plays last week and gained 26 yards. But the opening drive ended with quarterback Brandon Weeden getting intercepted. After that, Richardsons opportunities were limited. "I just thought that we were gonna run the ball," he said, "and I thought it could be a real good day. I just knew that we could run tthe ball on any team. Abel Aguilar Jersey. I feel like its going to be a fight down to the finish and we were going to win." Maybe if things had gone according to script, Turner would have given Richardson the ball more. But the score and situation dictated something different. "We came out and we executed four or five plays awfully well," Turner said. "Then they hit us with a couple run blitzes. They came at us when we started getting a little bit of run and then we didnt execute as well." Richardsons number is certain to be called this week as the Browns (0-1) visit the Baltimore Ravens, who have had plenty of time to lick their wounds after being embarrassed against Denver. The Ravens defence no longer features Ray Lewis, or Ed Reed, but is still formidable. "Its Baltimore," Richardson said. "What game is there where you dont get more pumped up? Youre playing the champions from last year and that defence. Its more talent than I have ever seen." Richardson, who rushed for 105 yards on 25 attempts in his second game against Baltimore last season, is itching to duplicate that game. He cant though, if he doesnt get the ball. "Its something that you practice for," he said. "All my life, Ive been that guy. So when it comes down to it, at the end of the day, I control what I can control. But if its going to help the team out that I get less carries, if its going to help the team out that I get more carries, Im all for it. __ NOTES: Safety T.J. Ward returned to practice after sitting out Wednesday with a sore shoulder. ... DE Ahtyba Rubin (calf) and G Shawn Lauvao (ankle) remain sidelined and are unlikely to play this week. ... Defensive co-ordinator Ray Horton hopes to "ease" rookie LB Barkevious Mingo into his NFL debut this week. Mingo missed the opener after bruising his lung last month in an exhibition game. "I dont want to overload him his first game, but I also want to give him some soft pitches to hit," Horton said. "I want to give him some less thinking and more reaction-type stuff." Authentic Bills Jerseys Dolphins Stitched Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jerseys Wholesale Jets Jerseys Wholesale Texans Jerseys Cheap Colts Jerseys Jaguars Jerseys Store Authentic Titans Jerseys Authentic Broncos Jerseys Authentic Chiefs Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Chargers Jerseys Store Cheap Ravens Jerseys Wholesale Bengals Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys Steelers Jerseys Store Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys Wholesale Giants Jerseys Authentic Eagles Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys Authentic Falcons Jerseys Panthers Jerseys Store Wholesale Saints Jerseys Authentic Buccaneers Jerseys Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Seahawks Jerseys Store Wholesale Rams Jerseys Wholesale Bears Jerseys Authentic Lions Jerseys Cheap Packers Jerseys Vikings Jerseys Store ' ' '