Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 64 mal aufgerufen

Willkommen
liny195 Offline

18.01.2020 03:25
COLLEGE BASKETBALLNEW YORK (AP)Kansas and North Carolina Antworten

State are the latest schools to be swept up in a bribery scandal involving college basketball.A rewritten indictment released Tuesday in New York alleges that an Adidas representative http://www.thebillslockerroom.com/authentic-star-lotulelei-jersey , who no longer works for the company, arranged for payments to parents of athletes willing to commit to the schools.The refreshed indictment came several months after 10 men were charged in an alleged scheme to bribe assistant coaches in exchange for steering top-flight NBA prospects to a particular agent or financial adviser. Four assistant coaches have been prosecuted and the scandal has led to the end of coach Rick Pitino’s career at the University of Louisville. The new indictment expands the scope of the charges, alleging a wire-fraud conspiracy that included alleged payments to families of six student-athletes being recruited by four schools, prosecutors said.The court papers portrayed the shoe executive and some coaches as bad actors, saying the conspiracy included hiding payments and signing forms falsely asserting that no payments had been made. The indictment paints a picture of transactions that were concealed to allow athletes to make it through eligibility reviews.PRO FOOTBALLBUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) – Richie Incognito is abruptly calling it quits on an 11-season NFL career, three years after the Buffalo Bills gave the offensive guard a second chance at playing following his role in the Miami Dolphins’ bullying scandal.The NFL Players Association announced Incognito had contacted the union with his plans to retire. The announcement on the NFLPA’s Twitter account came after Incognito revealed his intention to retire through a series of tweets and comments made to several publications throughout the morning.Without going into detail, the 34-year-old said he was ”done” in a text to The Associated Press shortly after SportsIllustrated.com reported Incognito was ”strongly considering retiring,” but would consider returning for one more season at the right price.Incognito then told The Buffalo News he’s retiring because of health reasons.BASEBALLDodger Stadium will host the 2020 All-Star Game, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press.A news conference with Commissioner Rob Manfred is set for the ballpark on Wednesday. The person spoke on condition of anonymity Tuesday because the official announcement was upcoming.Dodger Stadium last held the All-Star Game in 1980. Four players from the Los Angeles Dodgers – Steve Garvey, Davey Lopes, Bill Russell and Reggie Smith – were in the starting lineup for the National League in a 4-2 win.Los Angeles also hosted the second All-Star Game of 1959 at the Memorial Coliseum, when the Dodgers’ Don Drysdale gave up home runs to Frank Malzone and Yogi Berra and took the loss in the NL’s 5-3 defeat. Jim Gilliam of Los Angeles homered off Billy O’Dell.While in Brooklyn, the Dodgers staged the game at Ebbets Field in 1949. Don Newcombe was the loser in the NL’s 11-7 defeat.COLLEGE FOOTBALLWASHINGTON (AP) – President Donald Trump hailed the University of Alabama football team’s ”win for the ages” in their latest championship season.Trump hosted Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban and his players at the White House on Tuesday to honor their fifth national title in nine years.The president attended the championship game in Atlanta, in which Alabama staged a second-half comeback to defeat Georgia 26-23 in overtime. Trump said backup quarterback Tua Tagovailoa’s winning touchdown pass in overtime to fellow freshman DeVonta Smith after a sack ”will go down as one of the most exciting finishes in college football history – of any sport.”Trump watched the Jan. 8 game from a private box overlooking the Alabama sideline. The president left the stadium during halftime as Georgia led Alabama 13-0.Trump said Alabama’s triumph was ”one of the greatest victories ever.”GOLFSCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) – All six people aboard a small plane were killed when it crashed on a golf course in a Phoenix suburb shortly after taking off from a nearby airport Rafael Bush Jersey , police said Tuesday.The identities of those killed in the Monday night’s fiery crash in Scottsdale were not made public. Nobody on the ground was hurt, said Kevin Watts, a Scottsdale Police Department spokesman.Watts said the plane had just taken off from the Scottsdale Airport, but no information was immediately available on its planned destination.Police will release the identities once they’re determined by the Maricopa County Medical Examiner’s Office, but it’s not known when that process will be complete, said Watts.The Piper PA-24 Comanche went down on the TPC Scottsdale Champions Golf Course – the sister to the Stadium Course where the PGA’s Waste Management Phoenix Open is held each February. ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — Tre’Davious White had personal reasons for not sticking around to address questions from the media on Wednesday. The second-year cornerback, understandably, has plenty weighing on his mind.On Sunday, White faces the challenge of defending DeAndre Hopkins, the NFL’s leading receiver, in Buffalo’s game at Houston. Last week, he learned the unsettling news of his mother being arrested for domestic violence for allegedly stabbing a man, according to TMZ and several television affiliates in northern Louisiana.“I can’t talk today,” White said, pulling on his backpack and heading for the exit. “I’ve got to make a run.”What’s not in doubt is White being ready Sunday.“I think Tre’s always focused Womens Marcus Murphy Jersey ,” safety Jordan Poyer said of the second-year cornerback. “I think he’s got it at home, you know, ‘Each week this is the guy I’ve got to stop,’ because that’s what we expect of him. We all have confidence in him.”White hasn’t lost a step in following up an impressive rookie season . The first-round draft pick finished with four interceptions, two of which sealed victories, and was one of only two NFL players to force five takeaways (four interceptions and a forced fumble and recovery) in the fourth quarter.It was enough for him to finish second behind Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore in Defensive Rookie of the Year voting.This season, White’s held his own in taking over the job defending an opponent’s top receiver on a full-time basis. He limited Chargers receiver Keenan Allen to six catches for 67 yards in Week 2, Minnesota’s Stefon Diggs to four catches for 17 yards in Week 3, and Green Bay’s Davante Adams to eight catches for 81 yards, though he didn’t cover Adams when he lined up in the slot.White is doing his part while the starting job opposite him remains unsettled due to injuries and after projected starter Vontae Davis left the team during halftime against the Chargers and then retired.“To be able to have a guy like him, who has the athletic ability and the mental toughness to match up and get us through some tough situations is a luxury,” defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier said.Bills coach Sean McDermott is impressed by how White, 23, has taken over the role of being team’s top shutdown cornerback.“It’s a little bit unique with a young player like Tre’Davious to be able to do it this early,” McDermott said before noting how White wasn’t drafted until the 27th pick . “You think about the teams that passed up on him. It was a big move for us as far as that goes in getting a good football player.”White was a four-year starter at LSU, where he earned All-America honors in his senior year. As a freshman White Eddie Yarbrough Jerseys , he developed his craft by going up against Tigers receivers Odell Beckham Jr., and Jarvis Landry in practice. In games, White’s first career interception was against current Dallas Cowboys starter Dak Prescott.Bills receiver Kelvin Benjamin is so impressed by White’s ability to burst on the ball he refers to his teammate as “Quick-feet Tre.”“It’s stupid. It’s stupid,” Benjamin said, shaking his head in wonder of White’s speed. “You’ve got to attack the ball as a wide receiver when he’s on you. And, he’s only going to get better.”Good as White might already be, he has far loftier goals.“I’ve told myself, I don’t want to come into this game and just be a cornerback in the league, just a normal guy on the team,” he told The Associated Press in August. “I’m chasing the Hall of Fame.”White has plenty more to do before he can be included in that conversation.White acknowledged he’s fueled by a fear of failure. It’s what motivated him as a teenager to become the first in his family to go to college and escape the tough neighborhoods of his hometown of Shreveport, Louisiana.“It’s a fear of not being the best I can be. It’s a fear of going back to the situations I came from, just growing up,” White said. “I feel like there’s just so much riding on me that I put so much into this game, I’d do everything to prevent myself from being a failure, or not living up to my expectations.”