Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 76 mal aufgerufen

Termine
zhanjiao1212 Offline

15.04.2019 07:45
end of a playoff drought. The person Antworten

Washington, DC (SportsNetwork. Wholesale Authentic NFL Jerseys .com) - San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich is well known to rest his aging players without consideration of the strength of his opponent or the size of the stage. So when the Spurs visited the White House on Monday to celebrate last years NBA title, President Barack Obama couldnt help opening with a joke. I was considering having the vice president cover these remarks so I could stay fresh for the State of the Union, Obama said to laughter. But I decided I actually wanted to meet them. Said Popovich later: What I want to remind the president about, if I might, with all due respect -- when I sit stars, I get fined. He doesnt. Obama poked fun at Popovichs reputation for being curt with the press, saying, I want the coach to know that he is not contractually obligated to take questions after the first quarter of my remarks. The president, a famous fan of the Chicago Bulls, said its never easy celebrating another team at the White House, but admitted its hard to dislike the Spurs. He poked fun of their age, singling out star Tim Duncans graying hair and saying theres a reason why the uniform is black and silver, and he praised their roster, calling them the U.N. of basketball teams. Obama said the Spurs -- who have won five titles in the past 16 years, all under Popovich -- always find a way to put together the best teams, finding players from all over the globe. They want everybody on the court, he said. They think everybody has worth. They find folks who didnt have a chance someplace else and suddenly they figure out a way to make them shine as part of a team. And in that sense, theyre a great metaphor for what America should be all about. The Spurs posed for pictures with the president and gave him a No. 1 jersey with POTUS (President of the United States) written on the back. They are in town to play the Wizards on Tuesday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Store . Jonathan Crompton led the team to a 40-9 win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Crompton threw three touchdown passes - two to Duron Carter and one to Brandon London - and Sean Whyte connected on four field goals to power the Alouettes to the win. Wholesale NBA Jerseys . -- Navy football player Will McKamey, who has been hospitalized since collapsing at practice three days ago, has died while in a coma. http://www.cheapchinawholesalenfljerseys.com/ . The veteran fighter will be squaring off with Henderson in a five-round lightweight bout as part of another network televised card at the United Center on Saturday night.WASHINGTON -- Centre Marcin Gortat agreed to a $60 million, five-year contract Tuesday to remain with the Washington Wizards, according to a person familiar with the deal, a major step in the teams quest to keep the roster intact as much as reasonably possible following the end of a playoff drought. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal cant be signed until July 10 under NBA free agency rules. Gortat follows coach Randy Wittman, who was given a contract extension last month, and backup point guard Andre Miller, whose contract was guaranteed for another season on Saturday, as the third piece in team president Ernie Grunfelds quest to retain the key contributors who took Washington to the post-season for the first time since 2008. "Im proud to say Washington will be my home," Gortat tweeted Tuesday evening. Acquired for a first-round draft pick and injured centre Emeka Okafor as part of a five-player trade with the Phoenix Suns just before the start of the regular seasoon, Gortat gave the Wizards a much-needed stronger presence in the paint to complement the backcourt of John Wall and Bradley Beal while taking some of the frontcourt load from power forward Nene. Cheap NFL Jerseys. The 30-year-old "Polish Hammer" -- the only player from Poland in the NBA -- averaged 13.2 points and a team-high 9.5 rebounds, missed only one game and became a vocal locker-room leader. He was in the final year of his contract and became a free agent Tuesday, but he had made it clear he wanted to return to the Wizards, often speaking about next season as if it were a given that he would be back. Washington had to act quickly because Gortat was one of the top big men on the open market. The next priority for the Wizards is small forward Trevor Ariza, the teams best 3-point shooter and best defender. Ariza also is expected to attract several suitors as a free agent. "Got my man (at)MGortat back now waitin for my bro (at)TrevorAriza...Come on !!" Wall tweeted. ' ' '