Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 57 mal aufgerufen

Carmen`s Karmalegung
Cl11234566 Offline

19.11.2019 07:58
was with us at Liverpool and Antworten

So the Los Angeles Angels, the team with the best record in Major League baseball over 162 games, are out of the post-season in three games straight, defeated by a team that won nine fewer games during the regular season and didnt clinch a playoff spot until the final weekend of the season. The Washington Nationals, the team with the best record in the National League this season, are a game away from being knocked out in three games straight by a San Francisco team that won eight fewer games during the regular season and, like Kansas City, qualified via the wild card. But should we really be surprised? The playoffs in baseball are a crapshoot, a combination of who gets hot at the right time, who comes through in the clutch and whose pitching rises to the occasion. And there seems to be no way to predict how and why this happens. But it sure seems as though what wins over the course of 162 games in baseball, when teams are playing with five-man rotations and stretching out their bullpens to last over the course of six months, doesnt translate very well to the post-season. Consider that over the past 34 years of post-season baseball, the team with the best record in the Major Leagues has won the World Series exactly six times, most recently when Boston Red Sox did it one year ago. In fact, last years World Series was a complete anomaly a€“ not just because it featured two teams that tied for the overall best record in baseball over the course of the season but also because it was a rare matchup between the team with the best record in the American League against that with the best record in the National League. Which almost never happens. It would be easy to blame the fact that the team with the best record in baseball rarely wins the World Series on baseballs expanded playoff pool which has gone from allowing four of 28 teams in the post-season in 1993 to allowing 10 of 30 today. And yet from 1980 to 1993, the team with the best record in baseball won the World Series exactly twice over 14 seasons before baseball decided to expand its playoff pool. Since then, its happened four times over 19 years. Baseball is a sport that measures excellence over six months, during which great teams can look horrible in stretches and bad teams can look like world beaters over the course of a week or two. The point here is not to diminish the significance of winning the World Series, but just to understand what it means; that it is not so much symbolic of being the best team in baseball but more of being the one that can seize the moments and etch itself into a place in history. Fake Yeezys For Sale . Both the top-seeded Djokovic and sixth-seeded Fish took relatively easy paths, with the Serb winning when opponent Jo-Wilfried Tsonga retired in the second set with a sore arm and Fish dominating Janko Tipsarevic in two quick sets. Cheap Yeezy 350 Citrin .twitter.com/TeZD3KOvlA — Charlotte Hornets (@hornets) September 24, 2014 Sorry for the delay, we just got back from lunch at Papa Vons #NBAFastFood pic. http://www.yeezys350cheap.com/fake-yeezy...-wholesale.html. - Dominika Cibulkova erased three match points in the second set Wednesday and beat Agnieszka Radwanska 3-6, 7-6 (5), 6-3 in the quarterfinals of the Sony Open. Fake Yeezy Boost 350 Womens . On Wednesday, Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas hit back. In a passionate defence of himself and the London clubs medical staff, the Portuguese coach rebuked the "incompetent people" who have attacked Tottenham for allowing Lloris to continue playing after being briefly knocked unconscious against Everton on Sunday. Cheap Yeezy 350 V2 . -- Justin Verlander took a no-hit bid into the sixth inning and won his fourth straight decision, leading Detroit over the Kansas City Royals 9-4 Sunday and extending the Tigers winning streak to a season-high five games.Manchester Citys Raheem Sterling is in a more positive state of mind for Euro 2016 after working with sports psychiatrist Dr Steve Peters. The 21-year-old has had a tough time in his maiden season at the Etihad Stadium following his £49m move from Liverpool and has struggled to reproduce his best form.But having sought help off the pitch from Peters, who has worked with England since the 2014 World Cup, as well as Liverpool and snooker player Ronnie OSullivan, Sterling feels much better. Really it has been about me getting in a positive mindset with the staff here, Dr Steve Peters, and getting my mentality stronger, said the winger.He has definitely helped me. I have been seeing him here with the national team. Most of the boys do.He just gets it into your head that mentality is key and a strong part of it is blocking certain things out and focusing singularly on your football.I have been working on that. He was with us at Liverpool and since I moved to City I didnt have a chance to work with him. So since I joined up with England I have started speaking to him, it is a real bonus for me. Englands Marcus Rashford has impressed Sterling Sterling is by no means guaranteed a starting place in Roy Hodgsons line-up so he knows he has to work hard to regain the spark he had at Anfield.ddddddddddddThe competition for places is really fierce, he added.There are loads of players with ability here so no one can take anything for granted. That is one thing I am not doing. Euro call Who will England boss Roy Hodgson take to Euro 2016? Sterling was 19 when he went to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil so he knows what Manchester United teenager Marcus Rashford will be feeling after he scored on his senior debut against Australia to give Hodgson food for thought ahead of his final cut to the squad on Tuesday.I would say to [Rashford] to keep on doing what he is doing, added Sterling.He is humble around the place and quiet and I like that. He has been really eager since he joined up. He has been friendly with everyone and hes really nice to have around. Also See: Who will England take to Euro 2016? Roy coy on England squad selection Young Lions triumph ' ' '