Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 34 mal aufgerufen

Kartenbilder zum Üben
chenyan94 Offline

19.10.2019 07:52
ENGLEWOOD Antworten

Andy Janovich Jersey , Colo. (AP) — Ever since soon-to-be Hall of Famer Pat Bowlen stepped down from his daily duties as owner of the Denver Broncos, team president and CEO Joe Ellis ran the team in a “What would Pat do?” sort of way.With Bowlen’s death last month, that’s no longer the case.Ellis told The Associated Press that while the team will always honor Bowlen’s memory, it’s time for the Broncos to establish a new identity.“I got to thinking about that,” Ellis said Thursday from the sideline as the Broncos became the first NFL team to open training camp . “I think it’s a fair question at this point because he’s no longer with us. He was with us (the last five years) even though he was not out here. I got to go see him and I always sort of felt his presence. And I think Pat would want us to move on from him a little bit, you know? I don’t think we’re going to be able to do that totally because of what he’s provided all of us …“But it’s time to buckle up your chin strap here and do things the Broncos way,” Ellis said. “Yeah, we want to make Pat proud. We’re going to honor him. It’s a subtle honoring with the decal on the helmet and he’ll always be in the back of my mind. But you know what, we have to act independently now in some fashion. I hope you can make sense of this.”Bowlen died June 13 at age 75, nine weeks shy of his enshrinement in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.When Alzheimer’s forced him to step away five years earlier, Bowlen entrusted Ellis to operate the team with full authority and represent the Broncos in league matters until one of his seven children was deemed ready to take over. Ellis drew on his working relationship with the notoriously publicity-shy Bowlen that spanned nearly three decades to continue operating the team as Bowlen would have during those five years.Ellis said he doesn’t want to look back anymore.“There’s been so much talk about Pat and his excellence and everything that he’s done and it’s all well-deserved and it’s well-acknowledged — he’s going into the Pro Football Hall of Fame,” Ellis said. “But I know if he were here and he were advising me, he’d say, ‘Listen, you know, your job is to get everybody in the organization to pull together and do this for our fans and do this for themselves and each other, players, coaches. And do what I always wanted to do and not make it about me, make it about them, make it about yourselves, make it about the fans. Make it about winning. Let’s focus on that. Let’s not focus on me anymore.'”Ellis noted the Broncos have to change the way they do things to reverse their recent slide that includes back-to-back double-digit losses for the first time since the 1960s.Even with those 5-11 and 6-10 seasons Max Garcia Jersey , the Broncos have as many Super Bowl appearances — seven — as losing seasons during Bowlen’s ownership that began in 1984.“We need to establish our own identity,” Ellis said. “So much of our identity the past several years has been based on the success of Pat in some ways, right? And people talk about the Pat Bowlen era. Even if a child were to take over, it’s not the Pat Bowlen era anymore. So, this is kind of in some ways this is Year 1 of establishing a different identity as an organization. Never forgetting everything that was Pat.“No one’s ever going to forget what he did. We’ll remember him. We’ve got the decal on the back. His name is on that field house. His father’s name is on this facility’s front here at UC Health Center. So, he will continue to be honored and remembered, but I do know that he would want us to put our own stamp on this program. I just know that in my heart.”Ellis said he’ll meet with Brittany Bowlen, who is hoping to take over the franchise, next week about returning to the team to gain more front office experience. She’s currently working for global consulting firm McKinsey & Company in Denver. Ellis said her role would be generally focused on the business side.“She’s going to come here and work hard. She’s got to prove herself,” Ellis said. “There’s more pressure on her than any other employee. And then we’ll see. If that works out, then there’s room for growth. Pat always said, ‘Listen, I’d love to be able to keep it in the family if I can and have a child run it, but if that’s not the case, then the team will be sold.’ And so we’re not there to assign anybody that role yet.”Royce Freeman shines in Broncos debut Good morning, Broncos Country!Watch out for Royce Freeman.The first carry I saw from him at Denver Broncos training camp was enough to get me excited. Over the last two weeks, he’s been a consistent standout at practice and arguably deserving of the top spot on the depth chart. Could the rookie from the University of Oregon carry that over to the first preseason game? Freeman answered that with emphatic fashion on Saturday night against the Minnesota Vikings. The vision and burst he showed on his 23-yard touchdown run was damn impressive. That run shows he can become a difference marker in this offense. He possesses a similar running style to a running back Broncos fans know very well — Terrell Davis. Freeman is a one-cut runner who has great vision and trusts himself. The time we saw Devontae Booker on the field he looked like the same running back who doesn’t have good vision, dances around and lacks trust in himself. He only had two carries, and that was enough.There’s always a tendency to overreact to what we see in the preseason — good and bad. This was the first preseason game for the Broncos. But what’s been clear in camp and practice was true at the game Saturday night. Freeman is the best running back on the roster and should be the starter. He is going to be fun to watch. A lot of fun. Broncos TracksBroncos-Vikings observationsAfter a frustrating first half, the offense got moving in the final two quarters.Jamal Carter leaves with hamstring injury, two other players sustain injuriesThe second-year safety left the game in the second quarter.Chad Kelly shines Domata Peko Jersey , but Broncos fall to Vikings, 42-28 | 9news.comKelly did throw an interception deep in his own territory on his third series, a turnover that helped the Vikings convert with a clinching touchdown. No one is saying Kelly is a finished product after missing his entire rookie season last year to recover from surgically repaired injuries to his knee and wrist.Broncos' Case Keenum fizzles in preseason debut - Denver7 TheDenverChannel.comThings didn't go well for Case Keenum and starters, but Chad Kelly delighted fans with his finish.Paul Klee: Too soon? Time to turn up the heat (again) on Vance Joseph's Broncos | Sports Coverage | gazette.comDENVER — Too soon? Is the first preseason game too soon to turn up the heat (again) on Vance Joseph?Denver Broncos Pay Tribute To Former Exec Tom Heckert Who Died 芦 CBS DenverBefore Saturday's Denver Broncos preseason game the team paid tribute to a former executive who recently died from a rare disease.Denver Broncos: Paxton Lynch trending on TwitterDenver Broncos quarterback Paxton Lynch is trending on Twitter for all the wrong reasons.Case Keenum is finally 'the guy' at quarterback, taking over reins for Denver BroncosFormer Rams starting quarterback Case Keenum, who led the Vikings to the NFC championship game last season, gets his first start as "the guy" as the Broncos open their preseason schedule Saturday.NFL Tracks NFL position battles: 10 best non-QB competitions of preseasonKeep an eye on more than the quarterbacks this preseason (including the Broncos running backs).Deep NFL Coffers Enables It To Avoid Several Key IssuesWhen you consider each franchise’s base created by the NFL’s Collective Bargaining Agreement, add in the local revenue stream, and the enormous tax breaks, it makes you wonder why the league tends to drag its feet on some issues, notably on the anthem, concussions and franchise relocation.How NFL's latest safety measures face resistance from players - helmet rule, concussionsOne player's thoughts: "I don't know how much you can take away from this game before it stops being football." It's not that simple, though.How a text message set up the San Francisco 49ers' new backfield - San Francisco 49ers- ESPNJerick McKinnon and Kyle Juszczyk didn't know each other. But Juszczyk's random recruiting text message sent the free agent McKinnon to the Niners.Sam Darnold debut: Jets rookie QB shows off speedy release | SI.comJets rookie QB Sam Darnold posted a strong debut, going 13-of-18 for 96 yards and a touchdown. But there's more behind the numbers and plenty to look forward to this season.Andrew Luck, Saquon Barkley, Baker Mayfield created buzz in NFL preseason openers - The Washington PostIt's only one game that doesn't count, but all three got off to good starts on Thursday.Raiders' Jon Gruden reacts after coaching his first NFL game in nearly 10 years - CBSSports.comChucky is back on the sidelines