Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 57 mal aufgerufen

Kartenbilder zum Üben
zhangzk Offline

26.09.2019 05:15
The Green Bay Packers were missing star quarterback Antworten

GREEN BAY Foster Moreau Jersey , Wis. — Aaron Rodgers when they closed last season with a road loss to the Detroit Lions.When the Packers return to Detroit on Sunday, Rodgers could be without his top three receivers.Davante Adams injured a calf on Wednesday and did not practice on Thursday.More Packers coverage from FOX Sports WisconsinPhotos of the Week: 7/21/19 – 7/27/19Packers rookie Gary’s biggest critic is himselfTop Tweets: Former Badger TJ Watt has impressive four-year transformationPHOTOS: 2019 Green Bay Packers training campPackers’ Rodgers, LaFleur ironing out offense, building chemistryRandall Cobb injured a hamstring last week, didn’t play on Sunday against Buffalo and hasn’t practiced this week.Geronimo Allison suffered a concussion last week and hasn’t practiced this week, either.“We got a little thin at practice,” coach Mike McCarthy said on Thursday morning.That’s one way to put it.Of the Packers’ 103 completed passes for 1,185 yards and seven touchdowns, 64 catches, 768 yards and six touchdowns have been made by Adams, Allison and Cobb.The receivers who potentially could be in the lineup on Sunday have a combined two catches for 41 yards and zero touchdowns.The next men up are rookies: fifth-round draft pick Marquez Valdes-Scantling, fourth-round pick J’Mon Moore and sixth-round pick Equanimeous St. Brown.“At some point in the season, your young players are going to play, and our receiver position is potentially in that situation,” McCarthy said.Valdes-Scantling played 20 snaps in the first three games and 54 on Sunday against Buffalo, when Cobb was inactive. He has the two receptions. Moore didn’t play on offense in the first three games before playing 11 snaps after Allison went down against Buffalo. St. Brown hasn’t played on offense.“They’re getting better,” Rodgers said. “You guys don’t see the practices, but J’Mon’s been making a lot plays in practice and improving and same with Eq. (Valdes-Scantling’s) been ahead of those guys for a while and getting more opportunities Anthony Nelson Jersey , as you saw last week with Cobby being out and him being first up.7 Gallery:Upon Further Review: Packers vs. BillsAP | Copyright The Associated Press. All rights reserved.“But I told those guys before Week 1, ‘You’re all going to get an opportunity at some point. When you step in, there’s an expectation you’re going to make the plays.’ So, we’ve got to keep improving in practice.”There’s time for one or more of the starters to get healthy. With their pedigrees, McCarthy would feel comfortable playing any of the three without any practice time.Still, there appears to be at least a decent chance that Green Bay will go into a key NFC North game without any of its top three receivers.“I think we’ve still got some progress to make before I think both sides would be comfortable,” Cobb said. “It’s a long season and we’re on Game 5, but at the same time, it’s a short season, and we’re on Game 5.“So, it’s trying to balance both of those. If something was to happen and I re-injure the same hamstring, it’s going to put me out for double the time. So, it’s trying to be smart on both sides of it, which I struggle with because I play through emotion.”Of the three rookies, Moore entered training camp as the front-runner to be the team’s No. 4 receiver.However, as Moore dropped passes throughout the summer, Valdes-Scantling’s consistency allowed him to jump to the top of the list.“I always prepare like I’m going to be the No. 1 receiver,” Valdes-Scantling said.“You just never know. This game is a contact sport where injuries are 100 percent bound to happen Jeffery Simmons Jersey , so you just never know when someone will go down, and you’ve got to prepare to play every position and every play.”Given the outlook at receiver, Rodgers might have to direct the passing game elsewhere. Tight end Jimmy Graham is fourth on the team with 16 receptions and running back Ty Montgomery, who started his career as a receiver, is fifth with 11.Notes: For the second consecutive week, Rodgers practiced on Thursday. He had limited participation last week but full this week … To bolster the receiver group, Green Bay signed DeAngelo Yancey to the practice squad. A fifth-round pick last year, he spent all of his rookie season on the practice squad. … CB Kevin King, who injured a groin in Week 2 vs. Minnesota and has missed the past two games, had full participation for the second consecutive day, but S Kentrell Brice was added to the report and was limited by an ankle injury. Trevor Bauer made plenty of quality pitches, but it was Cleveland catcher Roberto Perez who made the best throw of the night.

Bauer pitched effectively into the eighth inning as the Indians beat the skidding Kansas City Royals 3-2 on Wednesday for a three-game sweep.

With the Royals trailing by one in the eighth, Whit Merrifield hit a leadoff double before Perez nabbed him attempting to steal third.

”It was a huge play,” Bauer said.

Merrifield, the 2017 AL stolen base champion, said he got a good jump

”They executed. I executed,” Merrifield said. ”They got me this time. It was the right play. If I had a chance to do it again, I’d do it again.”

Perez gave credit to Bauer.

”He was thinking he was going to try and steal Nate Davis Jersey ,” Perez said. ”He called fastball up and in and I thought that was the game right there. That was on Bauer. He hit me right in the chest and I made a strong throw, and (Jose) Ramirez made a good tag on him. I was fired up.”

Michael Brantley had an early RBI double and the Indians scored all their runs in the first three innings on only one hit. Bauer struck out eight and walked one over 7 2/3 innings.

The plummeting Royals have lost six straight and 18 of 21. They have scored four or fewer runs in 25 of their past 26 games and are barely ahead of Baltimore for the worst record in the majors.

After winning on grand slams by Francisco Lindor and Yan Gomes the previous two nights, the Indians managed only four hits – two in the ninth inning.

Bauer (8-6) has struck out eight or more in eight consecutive starts. He allowed seven hits, six of them singles, and is 3-1 in his past four starts.

”It was frustrating in a lot of ways and I was happy the team won,” Bauer said. ”I made some good pitches and gave up some weak hits. I had too many two-strike pitches put into play. I need to clean that up.”

Cody Allen worked the ninth to earn his 18th save in 19 chances. It was his 140th career save, breaking a tie with Bob Wickman for the club record.

Lindor walked to start the game, stole second and scored on Brantley’s double. Brantley went to third on Ramirez’s flyout and scored on Edwin Encarnacion’s sacrifice fly.

The Indians manufactured a run without a hit in the second. Jason Kipnis and Tyler Naquin opened the inning with walks. Perez advanced both with a sacrifice bunt, and Greg Allen delivered a sacrifice fly.

Kansas City used a double steal to create a run in the second. Alex Gordon, who was hit by a pitch, and Hunter Dozier, who reached on an infield single, were at the corners with two outs. They pulled off a successful double steal, with Gordon scoring. It was Dozier’s first career steal.

The last Royals player to steal home was Alex Rios on July 20, 2015, against Pittsburgh, also as part of a double steal.

Alcides Escobar singled in the Kansas City fifth and advanced to third on Drew Butera’s one-out single. Escobar scored on Merrifield’s sacrifice fly.

Royals starter Trevor Oaks (0-2), recalled from Triple-A Omaha to take Ian Kennedy’s spot in the rotation Tytus Howard Jersey , was removed after four innings and 73 pitches. He allowed three runs on two hits and four walks.

”The leadoff walks and not having good command, just really frustrating when I’ve walked like one or two guys an outing and now I’m back to four,” Oaks said.

Oaks had a 0.62 ERA in his last seven Triple-A starts. Kennedy went on the disabled list with a strained left oblique.

THE HOT CORNER

Dozier made his first big league start at third base. Dozier played 401 games at third, starting 281, in the Royals’ minor league system. He had started 35 games at first base, two in right field and two as the DH this season.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Indians: OF Brandon Guyer (bruised left knee) did not play after fouling a pitch off his leg in the ninth inning Tuesday. X-rays were negative. … LHP Andrew Miller (right knee inflammation) is scheduled to throw a bullpen Thursday. … LHP Tyler Olson (shoulder strain) threw 17 pitches for Triple-A Columbus on a rehab assignment. He retired two batters, walked one, struck out one and did not allow a hit.

Royals: 3B Mike Moustakas (back spasms) was held out of the lineup for the second straight game. ”It’s not serious at all,” manager Ned Yost said. ”He came in today and still felt it a little bit. With an off day tomorrow, there’s no sense in pushing it.” … OF Bubba Starling (oblique strain) was sent to the rookie-level Arizona League to begin a rehab assignment. Starling, a 2011 first-round draft pick, has not played since May 10 with Triple-A Omaha.

UP NEXT

Indians: Open a homestand Friday against the Athletics with RHP Carlos Carrasco (8-5, 4.24 ERA) starting. Oakland will counter with RHP Paul Blackburn (2-2, 6.46).

Royals: RHP Jason Hammel (2-10, 5.56) starts Friday night against the Red Sox at Kauffman Stadium. LHP Chris Sale (8-4, 2.41) gets the ball for Boston.